The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Sunday, July 30, 2006

Forecast Blah...

National Weather Service says:

.NOW...
THROUGH 1030 AM EDT...WIDELY SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS WILL CONTINUE TO DEVELOP...DROP SOUTH FROM CENTRAL GEORGIA AND THEN AND MOVE EAST AT 10 MPH ACROSS SOUTHWEST AND SOUTH CENTRAL GEORGIA. THE FOCUS WILL BE NORTH OF A LINE FROM EARLY EAST THROUGH TIFT COUNTIES.

A VERY MOIST AND UNSTABLE ATMOSPHERE WILL GENERATE NUMEROUS SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORM ACROSS THE ENTIRE TRI-STATE REGION TODAY. THERE IS NOT MUCH OF A THREAT FOR SEVERE WEATHER TODAY BECAUSE THE ATMOSPHERE IS TOO MOIST THROUGH A VERY DEEP LAYER.

Looks like if I want to get drenched, I can just go and stand outside. Looks like poor dh will be out of the luck edging again today. Not much of a threat of severity... you know most people would celebrate those words... not I, for I am in mourning. No weather for me... It must be a curse. On the plus side, they say the atmosphere is too moist. That's a heck of a lot better than Red Flag Warnings, which we've had approaching. I might get an opportunity today, but doubt it with church and all. I'll carry my camera just to be on the safe side.

Storm Chasing Rules:
Rule #1 - PATIENCE!
Rule #2 - Always carry your camera. (I got a picture of a rainbow yesterday, beautiful. It's hard to tell if it came out though. I'll have to download to see.)

This week, I will meet with the amateur radio folks. I hope to learn a lot there. The VP of the group has been spotting for a long time and loves it. I know that's not the same as chasing, but I'm sure he can help me on my journey.

Breakfast time, I be hungry.

~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...