The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Friday, August 18, 2006

Wouldn't you know it...

THE PERSISTENT AREA OF LOW PRESSURE NEAR THE SOUTHEASTERN COAST OF THE UNITED STATES IS NOW CENTERED ABOUT 100 MILES EAST-NORTHEAST OF JACKSONVILLE FLORIDA. SATELLITE AND RADAR DATA INDICATE THAT THE ASSOCIATED SHOWER ACTIVITY IS POORLY ORGANIZED ...AND UPPER-LEVEL WINDS ARE NOT FAVORABLE FOR TROPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT. SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS WITH BRIEF GUSTY WINDS COULD STILL AFFECT COASTAL AREAS OF GEORGIA AND NORTHEASTERN FLORIDA DURING THE NEXT DAY OR SO AS THE SYSTEM MOVES SLOWLY SOUTHWESTWARD.

Figures... that's exactly where we are headed. Hey, maybe I'll get some good shots of lightning or rainbows. I've already packed the rain ponchos and some extras for others.

Digital Photography Class last night was awesome!!! I learned so much already. I can't wait to read and re-read my manual and start putting some of this education to good use. I am really excited!!! The instructor has so much knowledge on the subject, and I hope to soak up as much of it as possible. The class actually made me glad that I don't have an SLR. Unless I go professional, I don't need one. They are heavy and expensive, and for the stuff and reasons I am shooting, it doesn't make sense. Maybe someday, but now, I am happy with my point and shoot.

The radar looks blah (as in there is nothing on it). I think I am going to have some pics printed to share with my class. :) I'll have to pick some good ones.

TGIF!!
~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...