The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Friday, September 01, 2006

Ernesto, still going sort of strong

Ernesto's pressure got down to 987 MB at one point. That is pretty impressive. He was almost a hurricane again... Not quite though. I heard reports in NC of trees down and power outages, localized flooding, some doppler-indicated tornados (don't know if any touched down) but I haven't heard anything major, but that's to be expected with a strong tropical storm, such as Ernesto was. He shouldn't impact my weekend plans.

We're going to Clarkesville (makes me want to break into song, "Take the last train to Clarkesville..." - oh, how I loved the monkeys). We have some exciting plans to visit with some friends up there. We'll even take a side trip up to Chattanooga. I am really looking forward to our plans. Weather should be nice, chance of random showers. Highs in the 80's, lows in the 60's (brrrrrr...). I hope to get some nice shots in the mountains.

I am concentrating on the composition of my photos now, paying close attention to foreground and background and lighting. My digital photography class is awesome. I am learning so much, and my teacher keeps telling me to leave my point and shoot and get an SLR. Sounds expensive. The pictures produced with an SLR can have so much more depth (I love the flash bouncing techniques), but hubby would kill me (not really) if I went and got one. It doesn't make sense for me quite yet. Someday... you know, when they are obsolete and affordable. lol

No weather here to speak of. South Georgia weather... go figure. I think it's time for a field trip... Not really, I still have some equipment to acquire first. Think there are any storm chasing grants available out there??? lol

Have a safe Labor Day Weekend! Give blood.
~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...