The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Friday, September 08, 2006

Intensification Forecasting

You know, I was watching The Weather Channel last night in anticipation of the 11PM update on Florence, and Jim Cantore (weather hottie), did the Tropical Update. It sounded like he said, "This convective blob right here...", referring to the area of convection forming near Florence's center (finally). I was disturbed by this statement. I hope I heard it wrong, what meteorologist says "convective blob"? It's sort of like describing a radar image as the pretty blue coloring... I wouldn't dream of it. lol. No change in Florence. They keep reiterating that intensity forecasting is not up to par. They are pretty much guessing (guessing wrong, but whatever). They know where she's going, only God knows what she'll be.

Photography class last night was awesome! We played with photoshop elements, which I must get. I just love it, and the teacher was using images from my disk to show changes, and for several, he said they were almost perfect and required no alterations. They had great exposure, coloring and clarity. They also talked about a local developer who will put pictures on canvas. I know what I want over my fireplace now. I want to put some of my favorite flower pics on canvas squares and make a mosaic pattern on the wall. I am excited!!!! This is another picture from the Arboretum. I don't love this one, but the bee is cool. I was playing with focus settings.

Local weather is fog. It looks like another sea breeze event like yesterday. The Gulf is active. We had some torrential downpours last night, just at the time when everyone was leaving work. Made for a traffic nightmare on the interstate. Rain today won't be good for my biker mom and her biker friends. I hope they brought their rain gear.

Mom should arrive in town this afternoon. We have some big plans ahead of us. Should be a hectic weekend. The weather doesn't look like it will want to cooperate... maybe I'll just drop all my plans and chase!!!

I've got my second amateur radio class on Saturday morning. Saturday morning, yuck!

~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...