The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Monday, September 18, 2006

Major Hurricane Helene... Another fish.

Says the NHC about Major Hurricane Helene...IT IS PERHAPS OBVIOUS BY NOW THAT I CONSIDER THE TRACK FORECAST TO HAVE MORE THAN THE NORMAL AMOUNT OF UNCERTAINTY.

Well, folks, another Major Hurricane, and they are expecting more strengthening. I see an ERC going on now in the satellite, and it's causing a little warble in the eye, but the eye of Helene is massive!!! She has taken a sharp turn to the north, which wasn't forecast, but that's what she did... like it or not. She doesn't appear to be a threat to Bermuda anymore... lives spared... property safe. She's a beautiful structure though. Very impressive. Speaking of impressive, Hurricane Gordon, actually strengthened... amazing. Dude, you know, it's cold up there??

Locally, a front headed our way. This is the chasable stuff. You can watch it roll in. This one should arrive late tonight in pieces and then tomorrow with some force... Severe weather... FINALLY! I'm not ready to chase though, doggone!!! I will sit for my Technician License on Saturday, so I'll be studying hard for that all week, and there is some GPS like stuff that works with radio... I might just look into that instead of the other Garmin stuff... Who knows? If I win big in the lottery, I'm headed out west to study with the big wigs. Speaking of that, Minnesota experienced a deadly tornado last night. A 10 year old girl died. I wish the meterorologists were better at forecasting those. I hate that people die. Imagine the devastation that family and community feels.

I took a picture of my friend's rose garden Saturday. I am really struggling with focus and aperture. I need to keep practicing. I think I've just really messed up my settings. I photographed a dewdrop and a lilly too, but they didn't turn out as nice as the rose. See? This one might go over the mantle.

TTFN,
~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...