The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Sunday, November 26, 2006

Goodbye to a Magnificent Woman

Well, Mimi drifted from this world early Saturday morning. She drifted off peacefully from a coma... what a blessing. My mom is struggling with guilt, having not seen her since 1999... but when I saw her last, it was very difficult, since she was not the woman I had once known. It was hard to deal with. I got my closure then, and I grieved then, so I don't plan to go up for the funeral. The casket will be closed for visitation even, and they plan to put a picture of her from High School on display. Who remembers her that way??? She was 93 years old. We all knew her as Mimi... Anyway, I am comfortable with my decision not to go up. Our side of the family will be represented.

It's so sad, but I think that Mimi passed on the 7 year anniversary of the last time my mom saw her... Mimi lived a long life. She was blessed, and we were blessed to have had the privelege of having her in our life.

God Bless you, Mimi.
~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...