The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Saturday, November 04, 2006

Sometimes, it stinks to be right...

As predicted, it was too early and too cold for a parade. We had probably a total of 20 people in the audience...unless you count the people in the cars who were stopped because of the parade, and they were a captive audience, and most of them seemed pretty put out... my boots aren't made for walking, and I walked about a mile and a half in them alongside the group... in the raging wind, uphill both ways...lol It was good practice for the upcoming Christmas parade though. Brrrr...

Then I ended up at the local military installation... paintball birthday party. Isn't that a cool idea?! And it was only about $10 per kid. Don't think Miss Priss (darling daughter) participated in that. No, no, she was there for female reenforcement for her friend... I so wanted to go out there into the woods, though. I love paintball! I mean, I L-O-V-E paintball!!! I have only played three times in my life, but each time was an adventure. I loved it! You get this huge adrenalin rush, so you don't even feel the paintballs hitting you... well, that is of course until later when the whelts start to appear. I would have loved to have gotten in there with those kids and played some ball. I wasn't really dressed for it though, in my boots that aren't made for walking.

Last night at rope runners, darling daughter won a ribbon in one of the creativity categories... "Girl Power". She was beaming. We were relieved because her racing was not so hot. She didn't win any of the races, not one. Poor thing. When we got home, we were greeted by Bear (who by the way, found a breach in the perimeter and crawled under the fence again today... he just doesn't learn) who was in the house because darling daughter didn't lock the back door before we left yesterday or even close it completely... I swear she wasn't raised in a barn.

Is it wrong to get all excited about a 20% POPS...? That's Monday's forecast. Here's hoping. I don't guess I ought to get my hopes up too high...

Now, I have to clean my house. I have put it off long enough. I'm going to jam to my 80's music and clean like a wild woman. The weather is beautiful outside, except for the total lack of clouds, so I have my windows open to get some circulation.

Better go clean... toodles.
~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...