The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Sunday, December 31, 2006

I am thoroughly unimpressed

One very unimpressive squall line cutting across Southern Alabama and the extreme Western Panhandle right now... That will be the cause of our company being inside tonight. One part that I am particularly worried about is AREAS OF FOG...POSSIBLY DENSE WILL PERSIST TONIGHT ESPECIALLY ACROSS THE EASTERN BIG BEND AND SOUTH CENTRAL GEORGIA. Drinking and driving is something I am very much against, but I know that on New Year's, it's inevitable. The problem comes when responsible people (with designated drivers) are driving home from New Year's Eve parties while drunks are out driving around, add some fog or rain and it spells disaster. Be careful out there driving today people.

Well, my house is clean, appetizers are made and my supplies are bought. I am feeling pretty good about tonight as far as preparedness goes. The weather station is up and operational. My weather radio is set to alert on mine and surrounding counties. SPOTTER ACTIVATION MAY BE NEEDED TODAY AND TONIGHT. I am so ready.

I think I'll set up some bag chairs in the sunroom to encourage people to sit out there. If half the people come that were invited, there will be a serious shortage of space. I got 36 hamburgers, 24 hotdogs, some sausage, and about 3 pounds of ribs (for terryaki meat on a stick). We should have enough for a small army, right? I took off the 2nd to allow me time to recover from tonight. I think I'll need it, but after my trip to the grocery store, I was relieved to have taken it off. I ran into a team mom, and she informed me of a practice for our girls Tuesday morning that I had forgotten about. Anyway, she'll pick up darling daughter on her way, and I'll pick all of them up afterward and keep them until she gets off of work. Sounds like a ton of fun, huh? My in-laws are supposed to leave Tuesday also, so it'll give me an opportunity to see them off.

I'm going to start getting ready for church.

Happy New Year!
~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...