The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Can you say Slight Risk?

Well, I was certainly right about my order not getting in on time. I was so cold last night watching youth sports in the dropping temps. Plus, I was dressed up for a big church thing that I had immediately after the game, so I was having to wear dress shoes and hose... Uh, yeah, my toes are still on defrost. Brrr... for real. All went well though, and I survived... no frostbite detected.

I am cautiously optimistic about tomorrow... so much is being said about this system rolling through, actually the wording is pathetic, but it's wording that I haven't seen in so long, that even small doses are enough to get me in my groove. This is what NWS had to say:
LOW PRESSURE WILL INTENSIFY IN THE NORTH CENTRAL GULF ON THURSDAY AND THEN MOVE ACROSS THE AREA THURSDAY NIGHT. THIS SYSTEM LOOKS TO BE A POTENTIALLY HEAVY RAINFALL PRODUCER. MANY LOCATIONS ACROSS THE AREA ARE LIKELY TO SEE ONE TO TWO INCHES OF RAINFALL WITH LOCALIZED TWO TO THREE INCH AMOUNTS. IN ADDITION TO THE RAINFALL THE POTENTIAL EXISTS FOR A FEW STRONG TO SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS THURSDAY AFTERNOON INTO THE OVERNIGHT...ESPECIALLY ACROSS OUR FLORIDA AND FAR SOUTHERN GEORGIA ZONES. (Heehee, that's where I am) THE MAIN THREAT FROM ANY STORMS WOULD BE DAMAGING WINDS AND ISOLATED TORNADOES...ALTHOUGH THE TORNADO THREAT IS LIKELY TO BE ISOLATED TO NEAR THE COAST. ...fine... FRIDAY MORNING ENDING THE THUNDERSTORM THREAT.... The AFD: JUST ENOUGH INSTABILITY IS POSSIBLE FOR ISOLATED TO SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS IN THE WARM SECTOR BEHIND THE WARM FRONT. SHEAR PROFILES LOOK IMPRESSIVE ENOUGH TO PRODUCE A FEW STRONG THUNDERSTORMS AND SPC HAS OUTLOOKED PORTIONS OF OUR AREA FOR A SLIGHT RISK OF SEVERE WEATHER. Uh, yeah, they did... so all in all, it's looking up for the Dew. I just might have me a storm to chase, and certainly, youth sports are cancelled for tomorrow... oh, wait, tomorrow is a practice day... I can't chase. Oh well... maybe next time. Grumble.

That's all I have for now.

Toodles,
~Dewdrop

2 comments:

  1. I won't be chasing this system either, since now Im recovering from my foot surgery. Just my luck. Im going to have to call a buddy to drive me around. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you made it through all right. There will be other storms to chase... Hope you heal quickly.

    ~Dew

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...