The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Monday, January 08, 2007

Coming down off that weather watching high...

Saw this down the road a ways... has nothing to do with weather, but I thought it was charming...

It's amazing how much energy an approaching front generates in me, and I watch the storms forming ahead... mesos, hail, TVSes, storm reports... so much energy and anticipation as I watch that line creep across the south headed right towards me... yet so much disappointment when nothing comes anywhere near me. It's hard coming down from that with nothing having occurred. I know that one day my patient persistence will pay off, and for that reason, I will stick with it, suffering through the letdowns, all the while learning local trends and developing my own forecasting abilities. This is the time for me to learn all that I can, and that is exactly what I plan to do.

Some exciting news, last night while I was visiting a friend in the hospital I discovered that she is a certified storm spotter, and her favorite thing to do is chase storms. She has lots of training, several calls to the NWS, damage assessment training through the Red Cross... I had no idea... She lives a couple of counties over, but she actually lives on the way to a really good area for seeing storms... so can you say chase partner?! Sandra P., I'll chase with you any day.

That's all I have folks. Looks like we're expected to get cool and dry for several days... nothing on the horizon until Sunday night/Monday... Patience...

Got a cool link in a comment (didn't quite understand it...) but... http://chaserconvention.com Don't know who the Banger Sisters are...

~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...