The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Saturday, February 24, 2007

...hold all calls, we have a winner, slight risk for us..

Tony Laubach's Storm Log THIS TROUGH IS ALREADY RESPONSIBLE FOR A WHOLE MESS OF WEATHER. (OK, Bryan M. has now been added to my official list of favorite NWS forecasters).Well, as you see, Tony was able to catch the first tornado of his 2007 chase season, near McLean, TX. Way to go Tony!!! I am so jealous.

As for us, we might just get a piece of it... as it should be
REACHING OUR WESTERN DOORSTEP TOWARD SUNRISE ON SUNDAY. AT THIS TIME A SIGNIFICANT SEVERE WEATHER OUTBREAK IS NOT ANTICIPATED... HOWEVER A FEW STRONGER TO POSSIBLY SEVERE STORMS CAN NOT BE RULED OUT WITH WIND DAMAGE BEING THE PRIMARY THREAT. A FEW ISOLATED TORNADOES CAN NOT BE RULED OUT AS WELL... ESPECIALLY ACROSS OUR FLORIDA AND SOUTHERN GA COUNTIES. evil grin DEEP LAYER SHEAR IS SUFFICIENT ENOUGH TO SUPPORT A FEW ISOLATED SUPERCELLS THAT MAY BE ABLE IN INTERACT WITH SOME LOCALLY HIGHER INSTABILITIES. THE MAIN THREAT WILL AT THIS TIME SEEMS TO BE FROM BOWING SEGMENTS PRODUCING DAMAGING STRAIGHT-LINE WINDS. Looks like a Sunday event for us. Over night to the west of us, but hitting us late morning/early afternoon, but of course, that's when I have church... perhaps, I could go to an early service. SPOTTER ACTIVATION MAY BE NEEDED ON SUNDAY. Exciting stuff. SPC has us under a slight risk for Sunday, saying it should be in the AM for us. CLOSER TO THE GULF... AND PERHAPS INLAND OVER SWRN GA...LOW LEVEL MOISTENING WILL REMAIN SUFFICIENT WITHIN STRONGLY SHEARED LOW LEVEL FLOW TO SUPPORT A WIND DAMAGE/TORNADO THREAT DURING THE MORNING. Well, I'll continue to watch it today and see what happens. Mini-Dew has a competition tonight out of town, so I won't be watching the whole time, but intermittently while I'm cleaning, I will keep an eye on things... Should be an interesting couple of days.

Oh, I am now an official member of ARRL, so I plan to join ARES shortly, then I'll do all that emergency communications training that Jay told me about.

Stay safe, live to chase another day.

~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...