The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Friday, March 02, 2007

Big Night...

Storm reports out the wazoo... What a night... I am so tired right now, but it's my own fault, so... no belaboring that point. ST2 got a piece of the action intercepting a HP Supercell (SUPERCELL!) in Baker County, where 6 fatalities occured as a suspected tornado swept through a mobile home park. Americus seemed to be the big story where the hospital, ambulance service, Red Cross and fire department were hit with a tornado... Sort of a sick irony in that scenario... We had warnings firing off all over in the wee hours of this morning. I almost had the chance to expereience it without having to go anywhere... I really don't want to bring it home with me, though... In the end, our event was only strong winds, torrential rain (1.4" this morning), and heavy lightning... I didn't get any hail. I didn't see any tornadoes (relieved since I was home...) I stayed up till all hours watching it all roll in with Jay helping me to see various structure elements. I don't like night time events, especially with HP.

I wish I could have chased, but I don't feel comfortable with the night events, especially for a first chase... I need to get a few day time chases under my belt first... and alone at night, even a worse idea. I need a chase team. I am currently accepting applications for the position of chase partner. Anyone interested?

Tomorrow, I drive to JAX for an event. I am not going to attend the quarterly skywarn meeting at NWS... I am not going to get the opportunity to stay and possibly do some damage assessment, but I didn't know all this would be happening when I ordered those tickets... Maybe next time...

I'd better get going... yawn...

~Dewdrop

2 comments:

  1. Hello!
    This work is very good
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Davis,

    Thanks for stopping by and for the compliment... El "blog" de ti es mucho bueno... que bonito es...

    Gracias,
    ~Dew

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...