The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Sunday, March 18, 2007

Giving the Gift of Life...

It's been a while for me, but I decided that enough time had passed since my horrific blood donation attempt sometime in November... the evil, monster who decided she could dig on my arm. We don't dig on the dew's arm (that's an important rule), and as a result I ended up not returning for a while. I think a break from it was well deserved... gave my scars time to heal... which has been impeding donations slightly, and it gave my iron a chance to recover... my little blood droplet fell right away, no centrifuge needed, and the lady who took my donation was great. She did it and left it alone. My kind of phlebotomist. All in all a good experience. That puts me at 32 lifetime pints, and since I have Universal "baby's blood", it offers tremendous intrinsic reward. I might have given a neonatal ICU baby a chance at life. It's a beautiful thing, fills your heart with a special warmth, sorta like being touched by an angel, I suppose.

Tonight, coming home from the grocery store, I drove through some very thick, isolated patches of fog. Otherwise, weather today was as it was forecasted. A breeze kept the temp feeling a little cooler than I like, but it was a beautiful day to be outside if you can stand the pollen. I know my allergies are going crazy these days, and my once green minivan has turned to a powdery yellow mess.

Saw a PSA today on CBS talking about "prescribed burns" and how it's the safest way to burn... Makes sense... kill the perimeter with fire and deprive the fire of it's fuel beyond a boundary. We are just under a fire weather watch for now, but dry conditions continue...

Good night all.
~Dewdrop

2 comments:

Dew comment, please...