The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Monday, March 19, 2007

...not anytime soon.

Well, my "chase friends" out of Denver are getting set up for another round at some early season chasing. Tony and Verne and a few others are planning to get some action with the system that is kicking up for them as an early season plains chase op, offering them a good opportunity to test the new equipment they've acquired and see how everything works together. It's pretty exciting stuff. I actually am participating in a "contest" where I have guessed how many states, miles and tornadoes they'll experience during their trip. I hope to be in a position next year to actually go out west to the plains for a chase, the ultimate goal. First, I want to get some of the basics in equipment and experience while I'm in more familiar territory. Now, just add weather, right?

TEMPERATURES WILL REBOUND RAPIDLY UNDER PLENTY OF MORNING SUNSHINE. BASED ON WHAT WAS SEEN UPSTREAM YESTERDAY WOULD NOT BE SURPRISED TO SEE A MORE PARTLY SUNNY SKY IN THE AFTERNOON WITH SOME CU DEVELOPMENT. LATEST SHORT TERM MODELS ARE SPITTING OUT SOME QPF WITH THIS FEATURE OVER THE PENINSULA. HOWEVER...STILL BELIEVE THAT THIS ACTIVITY SHOULD REMAIN SOUTH OF OUR FORECAST AREA...AND ANY FRONTAL SHOWERS WILL REMAIN WELL TO OUR NORTH. WITH THE VARIETY OF WEATHER ON EITHER SIDE OF THE FORECAST AREA DO NOT EXPECT QUITE AS SUNNY A DAY FOR TUESDAY...BUT WILL GO OPTIMISTIC WITH A PARTLY CLOUDY FORECAST. So, once again, it's all around us, just not here. How very typical. It's definitely that curse I've been telling you about. Got to love that. As for whether or not anything lies ahead weather-wise... AT THIS TIME THE GFS IS THE FASTEST MODEL TO BRING A SURFACE FRONT AND SHOWER/TSTORMS THREAT TO OUR AREA. EVEN THIS SOLUTION IS NOT UNTIL SOMETIME MONDAY. ECMWF IS EVEN SLOWER...SO EITHER WAY YOU LOOK AT IT... SIGNIFICANT QPF WILL NOT BE RETURNING TO THE FORECAST AREA ANY TIME SOON. I tell you, Bryan really likes to say it how it is. He's also the one who talked about it not being a washout with that system that produced nothing for us. I didn't even accumulate 1/10 of an inch in my gauge, so he was pretty much dead on.

Tomorrow, I am headed to spotter class in a nearby county after my second attempt at a meeting with the local emergency management interim director. Busy day, so I don't know what kind of chance I'll have to update my blog. We shall see.

Have a great day!
~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...