The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Friday, March 23, 2007

I love NY!!!

Well, after a shaky start (a slightly later than needed departure from home had us running through the Orlando airport to make our noon flight to Newark), I am finally at my destination for the surprise anniversary trip. Flying out of Orlando, we flew over a nice bed of CU... Beautiful... especially from up above it.

Tomorrow, we hit Broadway and the theater district... very cool... lots of shopping. We have tickets to see "Chicago". One of my favorite shows. Weather's supposed to be drizzly and really cold, so I'll bundle up. On Sunday, the weather should be clear but still cold... we'll hit the Statue of Liberty and Ground Zero and see what else we can't find. Upon arrival, the first thing I noticed and was sadly excited about were the leftover snow piles... Tonight, I got a chance to experience the New York transit system... enlightening... two recommendations, don't sit near the restroom on the NJ transit and don't wear a skirt (too many stairs with open sides...). I am totally beat and I need to head back to the room to soak my feet, but I will go ahead and post some pictures from the trip thus far. We've already seen the Empire State Building, wasn't as tall as hubby thought it would be... and I learned that it's not a good idea to wear heels in NY, even if you are going out for a nice dinner. It's tennis shoes tomorrow.

Anyway... that's it... like I said, I'm pooped.

Live from New York (New Jersey, actually, but I'm awfully close), it's Friday Night!!!

~Dewdrop

3 comments:

  1. Woo hoo!!!! I'm so excited that you guys made it! Love the pics and can't wait to see more! Hope your toes stay warm :-)

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you were traveling, and in NY. THats way cool! I have been almost everywhere in the nation, but NYC. I have been to upper state NY, but never onto the island. Well have fun.

    btw nice pics of the cool CU from 25,000 feet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LL, No open toe shoes for me... I'm going casual, all the way. I learned my lesson with the blisters from yesterday.

    JG, My first time too, and I am loving it so far. Thanks. I have some more of the CU I'll post later.

    Later, y'all!
    ~Dew

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...