The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Thursday, March 01, 2007

MODERATE RISK... TORNADO WATCHES COMING RIGHT UP...

As I write, I am listening to the rumble of thunder. Here it comes. Already some severe thunderstrom warnings up in central Alabama. The SPC has issued tornado watches for NORTHERN ARKANSAS, SOUTHWEST ILLINOIS, SOUTHERN AND EAST CENTRAL MISSOURI, (just issued) another a little further west soon to expire, definitely expect more to come as the storm rolls our way. You can see that the SPC has most of Alabama under a high risk category, and I am finally within the grips of the moderate risk... Looks like a much bigger event for us this time... I plan to watch it as it progresses and moves our way. I am happy to have internet for now, and I have no idea why I do, but I'll take it while I can. Ahhh, now the rain. I love the sound of the falling rain... .DAY ONE...TODAY AND TONIGHT... WIDESPREAD SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS WILL DEVELOP AHEAD OF A STRONG COLD FRONT. SOME OF THE STORMS WILL LIKELY BECOME SEVERE TODAY AND TONIGHT WITH DAMAGING STRAIGHT LINE WINDS AND A FEW TORNADOES. ONE OR TWO OF THE TORNADOES MAY BE STRONG. THE STORM PREDICTION CENTER HAS HIGHLIGHTED MOST OF THE LOCAL REGION FOR A MODERATE RISK OF SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS. SPOTTER ACTIVATION IS VERY LIKELY TODAY AND TONIGHT. SPOTTERS SHOULD BE CONSIDERED ACTIVATED AT THE FIRST ISSUANCE OF A WATCH OR WARNING COVERING OUR REGION. Yes, folks, we have ourselves some weather headed this way. Looks like Jay got his side of helicity, haven't seen CAPES yet, but based on the moderate risk, I would guess that the potential energy is there. Of course, I am not getting my radar feed on GR... sigh. I am off to get ready for work now. I will be headed to the Dr. first to get them to remove what they should have removed before we left the hospital, but whatever...

I'll be updating, I am certain of that.

Stay safe chasers...
~Dewdrop

2 comments:

  1. You need to closely monitor your weather today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have GR up... the weather radio on, and I am watching it all closely. Looks good for today.

    ~Dew

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...