The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Friday, March 30, 2007

Non-Zero chance for rain... no way

I remember the days when we had lightning here... ahh, those were the days. Well, some unfortunate news. The death toll from Wednesday's tornado outbreak has risen to 4, from what I have seen... (for a detailed list of the numerous storms reported that day, check out this Storm Reports link.) Apparently, Holly, Colorado, experienced a significant tornado, which ripped through a populated area. Folks on TWC reported that they had no warning... Those are words I hate to hear, words that make me really passionate about storm spotting... Spotters save lives because they report what the weather services can't see given the limits of the technology available. The more trained spotters there are, the fewer deaths will occur. Direct correlation. I am pretty excited about spotter training tomorrow. I am expecting a really good turn out.

As for our local weather... here's what the guys are saying:
WE WILL FINALLY HAVE NON-ZERO RAIN CHANCES FOR OUR AREA SATURDAY NIGHT AND SUNDAY AS PART OF THE ENERGY FROM THE UPPER LOW CRASHES THROUGH THE NORTHERN PORTION OF THE RIDGE AND DRAGS THE TAIL END OF A WEAK COLD FRONT INTO OUR AREA. SUCH SYSTEMS USUALLY DO NOT PRODUCE MUCH RAIN...ESPECIALLY AS WE ENTER ONE OF OUR DRIEST MONTHS (CLIMATOLOGICALLY SPEAKING) climatologically speaking... of course... I wouldn't speak any other way. Such powerful verbs, Jeff... love it. Of course... not very encouraging, but great verbage... the hope lies ahead in the long term AFD: A MORE SIGNIFICANT COLD FRONT IS SCHEDULED TO MOVE THROUGH THE AREA WEDNESDAY... Sure, hope it sticks to the schedule... did someone notify the cold front about its ETA? HOPEFULLY BRINGING A BETTER CHANCE OF MUCH-NEEDED RAIN. TEMPERATURES WILL COOL TO NEAR AVERAGE THURSDAY AND FRIDAY. ANOTHER COLD FRONT WILL APPROACH OUR AREA LATE IN THE WEEK...AND THIS FRONT LOOKS EVEN COLDER THAN THE FIRST. I'm sorry, did he say "hopefully" in his forecast? Please rain, please, please, please. lol Hopefully, Jeff's hopes will be fulfilled.

I am still stoked about seeing footage of the tornado near Silverton, TX, that I saw on radar. David, the video rocked! I can't tell you guys how awesome it was to see the radar event play out at the ground level (even if on video)... still gives me chills thinking about it. I can't imagine how awesome it will be in real life, actually seeing the tornado, experiencing it personally (drooling...). This brought me one step closer to that reality. Oh, and I read a great write up with pics from near Grant, NE on March 28 done by Mike H. Figured, I'd share...

Happy Friday, y'all!!!
~Dewdrop

2 comments:

  1. I was running GRLevel3 AND WXWORX on that storm while chasing it and it's pretty cool to see the radar "live" with the storm in front of you! Having two tornadoes cross the road right in front of you within 1/4 mile is just wicked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1/4 of a mile?! Holy cow! I can only imagine... Wicked awesome!!! Thanks so much for sharing it, David, and thanks for stopping by.

    ~Dew

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...