The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Monday, April 23, 2007

Action in the Plains...

Chasers are hitting areas in Texas, Kansas, and Oklahoma. Nice tornadic supercell fired up Northeast of Sweetwater, northwest of Abilene, TX, not too long ago. Here's the velocity capture on that. That cell is still strong. Oh, btw, Steve was wrong, I'm not getting too much satisfaction out of this arm-chair chasing... he can talk though he's actually trying to get a piece of the action, even if he is killing all the cells he approaches (Stevoid). Sheesh, Steve, try not to kill them all. Looks to me like he and David are out together. Pretty risky, David, in light of Steve's capacity for killing a good cell. You know, I'm just jealous... Hope y'all catch something... Looks to be explosive in east Colorado/west Kansas... Four tornado warnings as I type, and several reports of touchdowns. Looks like a busy night for everyone out. Be safe out there.

Looking at the storm reports, I see that there are 12 tornado reports attm, but feel free to click on the map for the most up-to-date version. Me and my geographically-misplaced self will just have to watch this radar and be content...

Night, y'all. Be safe out there.
~Dewdrop

6 comments:

  1. I'm pounding my head on the desk. Will there be anything left in May or June?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There better be something left! These guys better not hog all the action.

    It has been a pretty amazing show though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are just warming up for May and June. Call it a marketing effort to lure everybody out here. Then, we'll unleash the big show. :-)

    It has been a very very long time since I've seen this kind of upper air pattern...and a pretty darned persistent one. Moisture is in good shape. LOTS of rain has fallen in TX, especially in W TX and the PH. Western KS and E/SE CO had a ton of snow this winter too...as well as parts of Nebraska. I see green everywhere here and large ponds and small lakes full of water....even in alot of the ditches.

    Evapotranspiration will kick into full gear in May and June and the greenery will also serve to keep surface temps in check. All of that combined will tilt some marginal days into good ones...and good days into outstanding ones...so on so on . :-) I mean, when is the last time you've seen this many tornadoes in Texas? It's nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know Steve... it's like West Texas has come alive once again after years of severe drought. I missed all the chasing in west Texas the last few seasons. Those hauls up into Neb and SD were killing me.

    I always have been a fan of Caprock land... and I want to play around out there this year for more than just one small setup day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Y'all... I have got some big news!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm excited for E CO, the TX PH and KS. :-) I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...