The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Monday, April 09, 2007

A chance of scattered sprinkles...

The picture is totally unrelated, but since we won't really be enjoying sunshine for a while, I thought I'd brighten things up a bit. As predicted, it's still pretty cool outside. Things should start to warm up some more tomorrow but still remain below our typical seasonal temps, and that's just in time for some rain. We are actually looking at a chance for some scattered showers and "sprinkles" (lol) today, as a warm front extending from the low in the Gulf pushes ashore... and that should increase as the day progresses, more so into Tuesday when some random lightning might occur with the shortwaves that will be "slamming" (lol) ashore, but the warm front, at this point should still remain to our south. They have backed down the POPS for Wednesday's event... not as impressive on recent runs, apparently, not getting enough forcing to produce the lift needed for a severe weather event, even though GFS has indicated widespread precip... we all know that GFS can be wrong... very wrong. Temperatures should be back to normal though, so that's good news. The long term appears to wishy-washy to even warrant mentioning attm, so I'll leave it alone... let's just say that GFS is up to its tricks again, getting a bit "wild". It is alleging some sea-breeze convection on Thursday and Friday... Finally, TRAILING COLD FRONT SHOULD MOVE ALONG THE GULF COAST ON SATURDAY WITH THE THREAT FOR A ROUND OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS INCREASING ACROSS OUR AREA SATURDAY AFTERNOON INTO SATURDAY NIGHT. Beyond that, I'm not interested because I won't be here... It does appear to be an "up-in-the-air" scenario.

I did read the Hydrologic Outlook describing Moderate Drought Conditions for my area. It is because of this that I am glad that our much needed rain should arrive ahead of any lightning, hopefully dampening things, reducing the fire threat.

I worked some on the Skew-T chart analysis last night, and I am really amazed at the chart's usefulness. I had no idea that so much information can be obtained using the soundings on a Skew-T. I still have a ways to go in the course, but it really is fascinating what a telling chart that is.

I'd better get going.

Happy Monday!
~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...