The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Monday, April 02, 2007

Come on...

We got nothing... nada... zilch... It didn't even sprinkle on me, RAIN ABSENT ACROSS SE HALF OF CWA. I concur, and even though the SPC is saying this for today... ..GA/AL/FL... STRONG DAYTIME HEATING AND LOW LEVEL WARM ADVECTION WILL LIKELY RESULT IN SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS TODAY ACROSS PARTS OF SOUTHERN GA/AL AND THE FL PANHANDLE. MODERATE INSTABILITY AND SUFFICIENT VERTICAL SHEAR COULD RESULT IN ISOLATED HAIL AND GUSTY WINDS IN STRONGER CELLS, this radar image tells you what's going on right now... still nothing impressive... They also say this... OVERALL THREAT DOES NOT APPEAR TO WARRANT A SLIGHT RISK AT THIS TIME. Shocker, huh?

Our local AFD adds the same flare, but squelch my hopes by limiting the impact area to NW of here...
THE COMBINATION OF STRONG DIURNAL HEATING AND LOW LEVEL WAA PLUS MODERATE INSTABILITY AND ENUF VERTICAL SHEAR COULD GENERATE SOME STRONG TO POSSIBLY SEVERE STORMS LATER THIS AFTN AND EVENING WITH HAIL AND WIND DAMAGE MAIN CONCERNS...ALTHO BEST CHANCES REMAIN NW/W OF OUR CWA. EXPECT RAIN CHANCES TO CONTINUE ACROSS MAINLY NW THIRD OF CWA THROUGH THE SHORT TERM AND AS STORMS WILL BE SLOW MOVING... AND GIVEN RECENT RAIN TOTALS...WILL KEEP CLOSE EYE ON POTENTIAL FOR AT LEAST LOCALIZED FLOODING ACROSS SE ALA/SW GA. UNFORTUNATELY... OUR FLORIDA COUNTIES WILL CONTINUE TO SUFFER AS MONTHLY RAINFALL TOTALS REMAIN WELL BELOW NORMAL. A while back, I talked about taking pictures of fog over a local pond with the sunrise behind it... and some trees in the middle of the pond. Because of the high traffic in the area, I wasn't able to get the picture I was after, but today, as I drove by, I was struck by the low level of the pond... It looked more like a marshy area with lots of greenery poking up through the puddles that remain. I have never seen it that low, but it definitely tells of the times... It is dry, dry, dry... severe weather season could get here any time. Looking beyond that, we've got : COLD FRONT TO MOVE ESE TO ALIGN FROM APPALACHIANS TO ATLC STATES BY WED AFTN CROSSING CWA WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH LATE WEDNESDAY NIGHT. THIS WILL GIVE OUR FLORIDA COUNTIES A MUCH BETTER CHANCE FOR PRECIP AND WITH EXIT... FRONT WILL SCOUR OUR WARM AND HUMID AIRMASS BY THURSDAY. Scour??? Wow, harsh words there, Ron... Your AFD's have definitely become more dramatic... I like them.

The picture was an attempt to soothe you before reading this next part... OK, it's venting time... if you're only after the weather aspect of my blog, you can stop right here... otherwise, don't say I didn't warn you. This one deals with hubby. OK, so he plays this ridiculous Half-Life 2 Game online all the time. It has messed up our computer. He has spent countless hours upon end playing the game, and in the game, the objective is to kill everyone... fabulous game, right? Well, yesterday, I was on my blog, trying to make some cool changes, that never really worked out, but I was researching and trying to figure things out, and he beats on the office window from outside and shouts... "YOU ARE ADDICTED! It's pathetic. How long will you be on that computer blogging?! I can't believe you're still in there on the computer, while your family is out here having quality family time..." Oh no, he didn't throw the guilt trip in there.... I blog because I enjoy it, and yes, I am probably slightly obsessed with my blog updates... OK, so maybe slightly more than slightly... but in a manner of speaking, I am making some positive changes. Spotter classes, weather awareness... what does he accomplish while he's using several different weapons to cyber-kill? And why does his time on the computer somehow outrank mine... (in his mind, that is)? Why is his time doing that more important than family time, while my stuff becomes much less important in his eyes...? I think not. He did emphasize that if I had a laptop, we could both be on the computer, doing our thing. (You see the issue wasn't necessarily that I wasn't spending quality family time, it is more of an issue that he wanted to be on the computer.) That was enough for me to re-visit my tax return (that and the steep fines and penalties for missing the filing deadline), and I learned that the return should just about pay for my laptop, the radios I just bought and the Mini-Dew's summer camp... so, can you say, I am fixin' to get a laptop? Uh huh! Hubby is excellent at pushing my buttons. Anyway, vent over... I now return you to your regularly scheduled weather blog...

Actually, I've got to jet, so...

Ciao,
~Dewdrop

6 comments:

  1. Hey, hubby says you can't blast me like that (weather it is true or not)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your sunset photo... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Beth Ellen. I love shooting out at that lake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI. I'm Steve. And I'm addicted to World of Warcraft. ;-) There must be something in our male psyche that we must hunt and kill. If we can do it from the comfort of a cozy chair in front of a computer monitor, then it's even better. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, good grief. Not another one... lol

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...