The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Saturday, April 21, 2007

Peachy keen in the big GA...

Well, I landed back in GA after an only slightly turbulent flight with some frustrating air pockets, which really messed with (intensified) my vertigo. Boy, am I glad to be home!!! I did make another new friend though. Thanks for the conversation J.B. I'll give you a call when I head down for that sky diving, but I'm sure I'll see you when I crash that gig in Kansas... lol. Sorry, I had to de-plane... hope you had a decent companion for the next leg of your journey, though I know whoever it was failed in comparison to me. ;-)

I've decided for tonight just to post a conglomeration of pics. I have so many (shocking, I know) that I need to just put them out there and get them enjoyed. This one of the "Hurricane Zone" was inside Circus, Circus. Can you imagine? I didn't give in to it this time, though. I was strong and continued on my quest to get completely lost in Las Vegas. Fortunately, the kindness of a stranger with a dog named Brandy helped us. My craziest night in Vegas, hands down. I took this picture at the dam of the pretty yellow flowers. It was so desert-like. Really, being in Vegas, you miss a lot of the desert aspect of being in the desert. It's all concrete and asphalt, until the wind blows, which it was doing quite a bit of during my stay. That was the only time I experienced the sand.


Here are some dam pictures. The first I shot from the airplane on the way in (I hope I haven't already posted that.) The second was shot while I was at the dam. Have I mentioned how glad I am to be back in GA. I'm glad I have the weekend to recover. I need it... and then some, really.

I'm going to check all my friends's blogs and head to bed... It's calling my name, even moreso than the Hurricane Zone game area and the Money Storm game.

Nighty night,
~Dewdrop

2 comments:

  1. Great pics! what was that Hurricane thing all about?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was sort of a play off of my earlier post where the Money Storm game had called my name, so I had to drop some money into it. I (we) were on a quest though, so stopping at the hurricane zone (though it was calling my name-weather related slots call out to me) wasn't in the cards... or my wallet. The Speed coaster was a much more valuable use of my (our) time.

    Thanks for the compliment. I love taking pics, as if you couldn't tell that.

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...