The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Thursday, May 10, 2007

Andrea, girl, come on!

That is the OSEI image of the day... to give credit... Well, it's unfortunate but true. STS (not to be confused with SDS, which she is in no way relieving, btw) Andrea is losing her umph. She's got some nerve, forming and acting all tropical-like and looking all convective... just to dash our hopes and get herself all smoke wrapped and sad looking... she will not be the source of precip. that we had all hoped and dreamed she would be, unless something really far-fetched occurs. All her convection is concentrated on the eastern side... I read that someone had a dream that she sucked up large portions of the Atlantic, converted it to fresh water and dumped it on our fire tortured region. Great dream... wish only that it was closer to reality. So much of South Georgia and Florida are ablaze... it's frightening. The NHC continues to offer advisories with regard to Andrea. Here is the Subtropical Storm Andrea Public Advisory. Unfortunately, the only impact she is having on us is to push the smoke and haze in our direction... It is indeed a smoky day out there. My friend Tim, the meanie (yeah, yeah, not shooting the messenger, just picking), removed POPS from our forecast for today and trimmed back chances for Friday, and it looks like our next slight chance comes on Saturday... we might just get some scattered wet stuff.... I guess he does redeem himself when he mentions a cold front approaching on Sunday bringing with it 40% POPS as it meets up with the sea breeze and all the lovely warm weather... things get weird after that, so I'm not even going there.

Update: The 11:00 update from the NHC has Andrea as an STD... did they have to go there...? Here is the Subtropical Depression Andrea Advisory. What a hoot!

Take our team poll, too... Take our poll!

Toodaloo,
~Dewdrop

25 comments:

  1. All this smoke has her in a smoked out daze. Showing her naked swirl for all the world to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Typical woman...Oops. I meant "Tropical woman? Me thinks I am in trouble now... LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Y'all are just wrong... lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! It's Tim's fault......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Tim, I am sure he is attacked all the time for his forecasts... It's been a problem ever since he lost his weather rock. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. NHC downs her to nothing more than a STD... What!?! STD? LOL Sub-tropical Depression. Again she would not have the issues of the STD label is she would just loose the naked swirl to some deep convection.

    I think the smoke is getting to me today. Reminds me of chasing with SteveM and Amos back in 1998 in the thick Mexican smoke.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jeff, Dude... you OK? LOL! ROFLMAO!!!! STD Andrea... what'll they think of next???!!! That is a freakin riot! I agree with you though; she wouldn't have had to worry about developing an STD label if she had just kept herself well convected. Sounds like interesting days there back in '98... to have been a fly on that wall (might have fallen off, huh?)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I will stand by my "Typical woman" comment. ;-P
    lololol....Maybe STD stands for Simple Typical Diva...?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think we're all being altered by the smoke... lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. LMAO! No literally Mexican smoke blowing in from the Mexico fires of spring 1998. Shessh!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oopsies... my bad. LOL!!!! My chest hurts from all the laughing...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sitting here reading the comments laughing and then I hear the Nintendo Wii commercial music come on. Funny stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dude, I can't blame you for dumping her, but what to do with that lingering STD?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Penicillin!! All kind of antibiotics for that...

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL - ahhh is it the weekend yet?

    Check this loop out. If I can only get some sea breeze boundaries going, I might be in luck. PWAT still kinda low.

    http://www.stormvideographer.com/dew/std_andrea_051007_loop.gif

    ReplyDelete
  16. stormvideographer.com/dew/std_andrea_051007.gif

    Seems the url got cut off.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is a nice blanket of CU forming on the "outer bands" of the STD (messy looking STD, btw), fast moving though. I love how you put yourself on there, sort of a "Jeff is here"... I don't know about sea breeze, looks to be pushing hard.

    ReplyDelete
  18. the the westerly sfc flow seems to have increased in the last few hours, likely due to STD moving further SW towards central FLA. Going to make it hard for any coastal boundary now to setup. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You put it much more eloquently, but isn't that the same thing I just said... I reposted your link. I was able to check it out, but for the sake of the viewing audience... don't want them to be out of the "loop". Gosh, that was cheesy.

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOL - I'm going to eat... BBL

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's been a pleasure. Enjoy your chow.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey Dew...I put in my vote...
    Y'all check out this post by JB Elliott...http://www.jamesspann.com/wordpress/?p=1672

    ReplyDelete
  23. STD Andrea, the Wimpress... she was a pretty little hybrid-tropical wanna-be.

    Thanks for the vote, Mike.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ha! More like TBF Andrea (Tropical Bird Fart). :-)

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...