The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Wednesday, May 09, 2007

ADVISORIES ON SUBTROPICAL STORM ANDREA FORTHCOMING


Holy cow (not to be confused with flying cows), we just might have ourselves a tropical system in the making. The recon flight was deployed this morning to check things out, and the system itself has a beautiful presentation. I have decided to include the water vapor image this time to show the concentration of convection on the east side, streaming around a clear center of circulation. I'm impressed, and I just pray we get the rain from it. I hope it's not badly capped on our side. We desperately need the rain... Already, the outer bands of clouds have filled our sky, rolling in quickly from the Northeast in waves. I am frantically working to ready my Tracking Chart...

My morning has been so hectic, that the advisory has now been issued... slow poke Dew... Here is the Atlantic Special Tropical Disturbance Statement, but here's the meat and potatoes of it all folks... Subtropical Storm Andrea Advisory!!! Let the rain begin. This baby is packing 40 mph winds, convection is building. Bring it, sister! Prayers answered... We'll let Andrea take care of the fires. I am so pumped. A subtropical storm on May 9th, tropical storm watches along the coast. This is definitely God's response to the many prayers... a subtropical storm... Breathe, Dew! Oh, I should mention that hubby sent me the picture from the Atkinson fire, again not sure who to give the credit, but it isn't mine. Hopefully, Andrea will take care of that.

Crazy weather we're having, isn't it?

Update 11:30: Just looked at the projected path of this crazy system, and it's tracking down into the Daytona Beach area... wait just one minute... that's not how it was supposed to happen. I have outdoor plans in Orlando this weekend, and a subtropical storm would be a terrible hindrance... and we need the rain up here... sheesh. Andrea's breaking my heart. Jeff Gammons should be offering thorough coverage of this storm (as he usually does), so check his blog site for complete information.

Have a great day...
~Dewdrop

11 comments:

  1. Not Andrea..Its the "Tropical storm formerly known as Dew"

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope yall get drenched! Might get some stuff here tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watch out, Mike... You're starting to sound almost Southern... Pretty soon. You'll be writing in drawl. lol. I hope we get drenched, too. Really, really hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a fixin' to storm down yonder! Yee-haw! :-) I think it is time for a certain NASCAR reporter to make his appearence. [glances at Rick]

    Hopefully, this being a tropical system now, it will dump loads of rain down there. I sure hope enough moisture makes it into the fire-ravaged areas. This will be fun to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Check out the Whales Mouth clouds I got on my chase here in Central NC tonight. Several storms went severe with penny sized hail, but nothing too bad overall except the awesome cloud structures with the Gust Front.

    SCM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Steve, Not looking like a drought buster for us... Unfortunately... it seems to be losing it's oomph. She was prettier as a regular low... I see no storm, but I guess if you reckon it'll come, I might have to be ready... not up to the yee-haw...

    Mikey, Love the Gust front pics! I wish I had some weather to play with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for that wonderful intro Stevie Bobby!...Wish we had something to chase. Andrea just "taint' goona do it fer us. ;-)...Back to you, Stevie Bobby!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't take it anymore... no more Nascar references... give a Yankee a break. Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just out of curiosity, could this weakening of Andrea be attributed to the Rick curse? What did you do, Rick? Isn't it time for an AL trip for you?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Of course, it's the Rick curse... whate else could it be? Though hubby has been blaming me. Apparently, he thinks that I've developed a curse of my own, the "DEW NOTHING" Curse...

    But why would we want to mess with Alabama Mike's weather pattern by shipping him off to AL. I think he would be great in the plains right now... they've had more than their share, and they could use the relief from the flooding.

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...