The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Sub-Tropical Storm Dew??? You've got to admit, it's got a ring to it...

I guess despite hecticness, it becomes important to just post something anyway... especially something as cool as this... I know my previous entry was a downer, and I apologize for that, but here's my shot to redeem myself... The NHC-TPC has issued an Atlantic Special Tropical Disturbance Statement regarding the low pressure system that is currently spinning off the coast of the Eastern US... The thing, apparently is trying to take on Tropical characteristics. They are calling it a subtropical storm... s-TS Dew... According to Weather.com:

There is an outside shot of the subtropical storm transitioning to a tropical cyclone. A subtropical storm has a few characteristics of both an extratropical low and a tropical cyclone. First, it has convection, or thunderstorm activity, around a well-defined center of circulation. Second, it has become detached from its associated fronts (cold, warm, occluded). Finally, it has sustained gale/tropical storm force winds. Unlike a tropical cyclone, this is a cold-core system and its strongest winds are found miles away from the center of circulation; not tightly wrapped around the center.
An Air Force Reserve Reconnaissance Aircraft is available to investigate this system tomorrow morning, if necessary. Will they be naming this thing... Is it possible that it could become TS Andrea? This is pretty thrilling.

Perhaps, we've been praying for rain so long, that God decided to send us some early tropical relief. I just hope we do get rain.

~Dewdrop

15 comments:

  1. I sure hope this sub-trop low moves on shore and soaks you guys with some much needed rain. Get that camera ready.

    SCM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dew...I really hope that thing brings us some moisture later this week. Very interesting development so early in the season...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mikey, Always have the camera ready! Always... You getting anything off of the low...? Heard about some rain. Haven't checked the radar though. Things've been too hectic.

    Mike, Very interesting indeed...

    Praying it brings our rain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got rained on, here in JAX !!!!

    Initial "rain band" with enough rain to wet the dirt....cool!

    If I have time, I'll go to the beach and snap some wild surf pix tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The outer bands coming ashore, eh??? LOL!!!

    I am loving it! Gosh, I hope we get a piece of it. It'll show those ridiculous arsonists what a lot of faith and hard prayer can do.

    All right, Jay, if you catch some shots, youj've got to post on the team blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! The 00Z NAM is bringing that whole system ashore and through the Florida panhandle...with LOTS of rain for you guys! :-)

    If not, your nick will be changed from Dew to Charcoal. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. An answer to many prayers... heres hoping I don't have to change everything about my blog... Charcoal in S GA, just doesn't do it for me... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dew...ALWAYS have your camera...you never know when you will need to photograph purple hair!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll vote for calling it Dew if it gets rain to my house.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh the humanity!...;-) Tropical storm "Dew"....Hmmmm Not feeling it..;-P

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too late... looks like Andrea's got it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Check out the NRL and NHC sites this moring. It looks like Andrea is official and it isn't even June 1 yet. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yep, I'm working on a blog about that right now... so much for s-TS Dew... lol Bring on the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cool name! Charcoal weather brigade!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...