The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Friday, May 25, 2007

I'm tired of the smoke from the fires

Yesterday evening, as Hubby was leaving his office, he called me to ask why the sky looked so strange. It once again had that orange/green hue that I described, and he was wondering why it looked like that. I really don't know why it looked that way. I can only assume that the green was all the beautiful spring colors being reflected in the smoke combined with what little bit of sun was able to creep through. The sun, when visible, remained a fiery pink ball in the sky. In the AM, Mini-Dew had asked, "Is that the moon up there?" I took this picture to try to capture what it was like, but it doesn't do it justice. The sky was just plain eerie. This morning, I woke and had hoped we would find relief today from the insidious smoke, and was disappointed when I let the doggone dog out... nope, still there, and looking at the NWS forecast, it appears that it's here for a little while, through the weekend anyhow, with the easterly flow continuing... some hint at a possible disturbance approaching from the west during the middle of next week (looking at Thursday/Friday)reacting with afternoon sea breeze to generate a possibility of a little something-something. Now, that sounds reminiscent of the type of weather we used to have. I sure hope it pans out. For today, there is a hint at a disturbance in the lower levels carrying in some more moisture off the coast of JAX, creating some showers. They aren't likely to make it this far west with any substance, so precip, if any, will definitely be on the light side, and will, therefore, have little, if any, impact on the still raging fires... (well, you can read my confidence into that...) but as Bryan puts it:

ANY RAIN IN THAT AREA IS WELCOME.

I am writing early today because Mini-Dew is graduating. Yes, folks a huge milestone, Mini-Dew is graduating from her elementary school. They have gowns for the kids and will be offering little diplomas. She's worked hard this year, and I plan to attend, so I don't know how the rest of the day will pan out for blogging. I figured I'd go ahead and get this out of the way. I decided also to share a shot of her beloved Brownie. Man, he can get up some speed in that ball of his. Crazy little thing.

I spoke with Jess last night. She has had a wonderful time and created all sorts of excitement in me as I look forward to my wonderful experience to come with the Twister Sisters. 10 more days!

I'd better get ready to go!

Ciao,
~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...