The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Smoke, here but the plains are rocking!!!

No relief is in sight... High pressure in control... new fire over Southern Ware County has ignited... yes, indeed, it is starting to sound like a broken record. The smoke is here big time thanks to a strong sea breeze rolling in from the east coast. It's worse than it was here on Sunday. It's actually ashing... (sort of like raining or snowing, but with NO MOISTURE!) It literally looks like a snow flurry! The smoke is so thick. This time, our house is filled with the aroma of smoke. The haze has entered through the cracks, and it is awful... There is clearly no escape now, and the wind has picked up. The smoke has obscured the sun to the point where it's just a hazy blur. It's unlike anything I have ever seen.

Getting live updates from Jess. They are in it, with the whole mess of other chasers, a large wall cloud west of WaKeeney, it's popping funnel clouds, but nothing has dropped. I am so incredibly excited for her!!! She has found herself a supercell!!! I sure hope I catch something when it's my turn, but I am having a blast living vicariously through her!!! Another tornadic supercell is firing up in eastern Colorado. Good chase day!!!

In addition to the the Atlantic Hurricane Season projections have been released today. An above average season is predicted with 75% certainty, stating that 13 to 17 named storms are anticipated. We've already named one... only 12 to 16 to go.

7:40 Update: Long-lived tornadic supercell still sailing across Kansas... I would like for my chase adventure to involve radar captures such as this. I am placing my order now...

I am so stinking jealous!
~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...