The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Still no chance of rain in sight!!!

I took this picture a while back and have probably already posted it once, but I liked it, and it struck my fancy today, so here it is again... Well, we thought pollen season was bad, that was, of course, until we entered ash season. Our vehicles are covered in ash. It's absolute insanity. The smoke isn't horrible today, but I have heard reports that it's thick near Atlanta. I know! Isn't that crazy?! Plus, winds are expected to shift today dragging that smoke right back over our area. That would be the smoke from the Charlton County fire... Some good news is that the wind will be carrying with it some low level moisture, which will help lower our fire risk, and God knows, we haven't seen moisture in a while, but rain is not in the forecast, so sadly, the wind, though moist, could potentially cause more harm than good with existing fires.

In the plains last night, another tornado (or perhaps two, but I'm not sold that they were distinct) was spotted, this time in Nebraska. Last night's event wasn't too fruitful for tornadoes, but it was fun to watch all the cells everywhere popping randomly. I know it drives chasers crazy. It had to have. The slight risk area today is outlined in the central plains, which is where Jess landed yesterday, so hopefully, she'll get the action she craves this afternoon. The dryline should fall in south of that, and if that cap can be broken, it might prove to be quite a show. It's a gamble, I suppose. I am anxious to see how things unfold. Things should start up this afternoon out there. I have my GR up and in the ready position.

Oh, hey I do plan to order a laptop today. That's exciting, right? I want to have it for my trip, so I can update you as much as permitted, while I am chasing all the fabulous weather that Ma Nature is planning to toss my way. It's my reward for all the patience I've exhibited in light of our recent weather funk. I am more than deserving! Of course, cause I'm cool like that!

Update 2:08PM: I was just looking out my "window" and noticed that the smoke has gotten thick here once again. Sure enough, when I checked the NWS, Kelly has, in fact, issued a Special Weather Statement for our area with regard to the smoke. People with respiratory problems and the elderly are encouraged to remain indoors. I can do that. It's rolling in quickly and densely.

SMOKE FROM SOUTHEAST GEORGIA WILDFIRES IS SPREADING INTO SOUTH CENTRAL GEORGIA ONCE AGAIN...
TWO PLUMES FROM FIRES IN CHARLTON AND WARE COUNTIES IN GEORGIA ARE MOVING WESTWARD INTO SOUTH CENTRAL GEORGIA ON STRONG EASTERLY WINDS. THROUGHOUT THE REMAINDER OF THE AFTERNOON AND EVENING...VISIBILITIES ALONG THE INTERSTATE 75 CORRIDOR AND POINTS EASTWARD WILL BE REDUCED. MOTORISTS ON THE INTERESTATE IN SOUTHERN GEORGIA SHOULD EXPECT VISIBILITY RESTRICTIONS IN SMOKE.

Have a GREAT day!
~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...