The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Monday, June 25, 2007

Another detour...

Well, again, life is in the detours. I stopped to snap a few photographs of a very photogenic horse yesterday. Apparently, he was used to being photographed, because when I pulled over and took out my camera, that guy lifted his head right up, as if to say "CHEESE" or perhaps it was, "I WOULD VERY MUCH ENJOY THOSE CARROTS IN YOUR VAN, MA'AM." It was just such a beautiful country scene, I couldn't help but stop and indulge in that other world for just a second.

Looking at local stuff, it looks like some deep layer moisture is setting up for today allowing a sea breeze boundary to interact with an approaching shortwave and take hold, which will add POPS to our forecast. Most of the action will hug the coastline. Cloud cover should prevent things from being "enjoyable" (I know, I know, it's all relative) as the CAPE will be inhibited, and of course everything will dry out as we approach Wednesday... of course... Not looking like anything... just a lot of maybe, perhaps, and if type stuff. We will just have to see what happens.

I totally posted and then remembered what I saw on TV this morning (Alabama Mike posted about it on our team blog Saturday, with a really spectacular AP shot, but seeing it's power with rotation... I might just have to get into videography)... EF4 in Canada on Friday night. Homes were damaged. There were at least 3 tornadoes, but I haven't seen anything about injuries or worse. Thank God. The one I saw footage of was absolutely beautiful. I hope all the chasers up there are being safe. I know Tony Laubach and Tim Samaras are headed that way. I hope they catch something good.

I had better get going for now...

Toodaloo,
~Dewdrop

2 comments:

  1. That was a beautiful tornado picture. Let us know if you find video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I find anything, I'll let y'all know.

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...