The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Sunday, June 24, 2007

Wedding, a Musical... good grief.

Well, yesterday's HOT forecast held true, and worse than that, the wedding I attended was an outside wedding, with 10 million songs in the ceremony. Apparently, the bride teaches drama, and she thought that her wedding would be the proper place to showcase her students' talents. Good grief! I can think of about 10 million ways I'd rather spend my Saturday! I did have the opportunity though to shoot some floral pics while I was in the garden after the ceremony, so all was not lost. It was ironic in light of my expressed desire just yesterday morning to get out and shoot some. Objective met... ;-)

On to weather... according to the HWO, looks like a chance at some isolated showers and thunderstorms this afternoon with potential for very heavy rain, strong wind gusts and frequent lightning... might be a chase day... (big grin). Wouldn't that be awesome?! If it's timed right, I'm all over it. Wait just one cotton picking second... the updated AFD, trims back rain chances for GA... we have been offered the dreaded "SILENT POPS". Apparently, the rest of the CWA doesn't want to share their Q-G forcing and unstable atmosphere with us... doggone. My hopes of chasing were squashed even before they became real... sigh. The tropics are relatively calm... few waves, and a mild low in the western Atlantic... nothing to get all excited about, for sure... soon, perhaps.

That's all I have. If those silent POPs become a little more significant... I might have something to do; otherwise, I guess I'll just carry on with typical Sunday behavior... time to get ready for church...

Toodles,
~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...