The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Friday, June 22, 2007

Finally finshed...

I took this picture of the sun setting yesterday, while I was waiting on the furniture to arrive from the warehouse via Hubby delivery services... It was so beautiful with the clouds and the rays of light. Majesty! Also, while I was outside, I think while I was hauling empty furniture boxes to the truck to be hauled off to the dump, I saw a very dull rainbow, which unfortunately is the same as saying not-photographable. I always love to see rainbows though. They give me hope.

Weather locally... well, checking the weather service lets me know that it is Lightning Safety Awareness Week. Remember, if you hear thunder, you are close enough to be struck. Very important point. Aside from that, our HWO makes mention of fire potential. Warm and dry conditions will enhance the spread of wildfires. I find it important to note here that those wood piles down the road have been burning every day. The assistant fire chief shut them down and required pits and so forth, but that isn't happening. He thinks somehow that he is above the rules. I really don't like that man. OK, OK, enough about that. Obviously he is going to do whatever the heck he wants, whether I like it or not. Weatherwise, unfortunately for us, a strong ridge has settled in, which will make it difficult for deep moisture to fire the sea breeze up, but any residual moisture combined with the sea breeze will be our only hope today for storms... not severe, just storms.

Tropically, the low off the coast of Jacksonville moved over land, and it is providing the panhandle with ample rain (enough to probably divert the space shuttle's landing to the other side of the country), so much, in fact, that there are some concerns about some flash floods becoming a problem today. Too much or too little... sheesh. Down in the Caribbean, there is some convection bundling that is being watched. Might head out into the Gulf. I am really ready for the tropical season to pick up. Our weather pattern is growning frustratingly monotonous.

Some really exciting news... when Mini-Dew arrived home from camp yesterday and saw her polka-dotted room, she LOVED it! She actually hugged the wall, which I never would have expected. She loves it without all her toys and stuff too, so it looks like a yard sale is in our near future. The kid has a ton of stuff. Here are some pictures of the finished product. I am quite proud of how it turned out.Well, that's it for me. I am going to focus now on the fact that it's Friday!!!

I discovered this site (Scott Blair's Website) that has the best picture of the tornado that I should have seen but did not on June 6th in SD. We were so close, yet so far away...

Toodles,
~Dewdrop

6 comments:

  1. Great job Dew! Mini-Dew is really lucky to have such a good mom...and a wx geek mom to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Mike! That was a super kind compliment! I appreciate that. She actually did a really awesome poem for me about my Weather Geekiness... I blogged about it... let me find that... oh yes, here it is: Weather Freak Poem by Mini-Dew

    ReplyDelete
  3. A room with a Dew....I mean view. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol. I do believe it's Dewless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I....I see spots everywhere before my eyes!!! OMG! I'm fading fast! Oh...ummm...wait a minute. Never mind! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It'll be OK, Steve. It's only temporary.

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...