The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Thursday, June 21, 2007

Low off the coast.... rain and more rain... and a finished project...

Well, I told hubby that it shouldn't rain today based on yesterday's forecast, so he put out fertilizer, and now reading the HWO, I am concerned that I might have been mistaken. Oops. Oh well... what can you do? It appears that the guys were caught off guard, as well, because it was written:

FORECAST DOES NOT LOOK QUITE AS BONE DRY THE NEXT FEW DAYS AS WAS EXPECTED 24 HOURS AGO. CERTAINLY NOT LOOKING AT A WASHOUT OF ANY KIND...BUT EASTERN PORTIONS OF THE FORECAST AREA WILL SEE A BIT BETTER CHANCE OF A FEW SCATTERED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS DURING THE AFTERNOON AND EVENING HOURS EACH DAY.
Before I get too much into breaking down the AFD from last night... well this morning... I would just like to say that I really enjoy reading Bryan's AFDs. They entertain me. Anyhow, Bryan makes mention of a low spinning in clear view off the coast of Jacksonville, definite circulation. I believe Carolina Mike forecasted this... speaking of him, we had a minor chaser convergence yesterday, as Carolina Mike and his folks were in town looking at properties, so we got together for lunch. I enjoyed his parents, and we had an excellent lunch, learning along the way how small of a world it really is... you see, I actually live in the same neighborhood as his aunt... too cool, huh? Not just that, but his cousin and Mini-Dew are currently at camp together in rooms right next to each other! (I hear Twilight Zone Music playing, don't you?) His mom actually helped me out with my circle dilemma... I know when I did my other room with circles, I traced circles onto the wall, and then tore small strips of tape to form the circle to paint inside. I dreaded that tedious process and expressed that during our lunch. Miss Margaret, storm chaser mom extraordinaire, to the rescue! She suggested that instead of tracing and taping, that I use a large piece of cardboard and cut it out to make a stencil and just apply pressure at the edge where I am painting to keep it from bleeding. (OK, OK, so I had heard the idea before, but she alleviated my paint bleeding concerns.) What a fabulous idea, and it worked! I still had minor bleeding at the edges, but I was able to easily touch that up. Thank you, Miss Margaret! I was up to the wee hours finishing up, but I am so proud to finally be done. Hubby will be picking up the furniture today, and Mini-Dew should be on her way shortly. I am proud of my accomplishment. Doesn't it look cool?!!Again, thanks a million, Miss Margaret. I am sure that Mini-Dew will be pleased with the finished product. I can't wait until she sees it.

Gotta go!
~Dewdrop

14 comments:

  1. How cute is that?!?! Mini-Dew has good taste with those yummy polka dots! Not to mention Dewdrop did a nice job painting those yummy polka dots! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks bunches, Courtney!!! I am just glad it's finished!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Entertained by AFD's...Ok...you are scaring your chase buds Dew...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't help it. "My name is Dewdrop, and I am addicted to weather." "Hi Dew!!" I could tone it down, but then I wouldn't be me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, no problem...(shutting door, no loud noises)..great talking to you..(dailing Southwestern on cellphone)...LOLOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, no call the SDS treatment facility. They'll know how to deal with me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry, Steve has no opening at the Inn...

    ReplyDelete
  8. He has a special room set aside for me, standing reservations. There will definitely be room.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I do happen to be very special... thank you. eye roll.

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a good idea!!and
    nicely done may i add!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much. I am fixin' to post pics of the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like great fun! :) I am enjoying all your cloud photos in your previous posts.. though I know some are by others. I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, Beth Ellen. I'm glad it's done. It's so fun, and Mini-Dew loves it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...