The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Sunday, June 10, 2007

The Flight of a South Georgia Storm Chaser headed home...

First of all, I was rendered Wifi-less at my last hotel, so I wasn't able to check anything. Now, we are sitting here at KCI awaiting our flight home. On the way here, a nice flanking line setting up out the window... getting ready to fire... I think, you've got to be freakin kidding me, right? Ma Nature must have some serious issues with me... She is laughing her butt off right about now. Well, wouldn't you know it... I get to the airport and find out that the city I am fixin' to depart from is under a slight risk... are you kidding me, Ma Nature... mother, father Chinese dentist... it's just not fair... you know? Sick irony. (I am actually a little bothered by the wet downbursts mentioned in the discussion... not a thing I like the idea of flying through...) Oh, and that's not all... there is text for back home... blah, blah, blah, mid afternoon... you know, before I arrive. That's when a ridge settles in. I decided not to read the AFD for back home. It's too depressing to think about. I know how this story plays out. The good news is that if a tornado approaches the airport, I know where to send Ted, while I stay here and shoot pics and video (since I am now an experienced videographer...). All-in-all, and all joking aside... this has been the most phenomenal experience of my life. I have seen and learned so much. I have seen spectacular storm structure, long-lived, rotating wall clouds, heard a tornado siren and hail and found out a lot about producing a show. I have a whole new appreciation for the behind the scenes and the crew. The crew with us was incredible! I'd do it all again in a heartbeat!

That's it for now. I'm headed back to South Georgia for a continuation of my Dewvoid... one day, I'll "bag the big one!"

Laters,
~Dewdrop

4 comments:

  1. Safe flight home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jeff, and Jess, you bet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bill, that is awesome!!!! Thanks so much for sharing!!! I miss those guys so much. Incidentally, they shared with me their "behind the scenes-unrated" cut. Carroll should not be trusted with a bb gun.

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...