The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Friday, June 08, 2007

If you want to make God laugh, just tell Him your plan...

I had a whole post written where I talked about today's chase day, and apparently my drunkenness caused me to delete the whole blasted thing... Grrr. I was terribly disappointed today because our lack of catching anything does unfortunately lean toward that whole concept of me killing all real weather. I am crushed to know that my location in the CONUS has such an impact on the weather pattern. I am certain that I will never be allowed back into Georgia... y'all go easy on me... OK?

We started out early wih a high risk outlined in the area of Wisconsin. We didn't hit Wisconsin, where the high risk existed... because we heard it wasn't a good chase locale by Peggy and Melanie (who mentioned while we were in Blair, NE, that it was the home of Mike H. Btw, if you are reading they say Hello!), so we actually decided to chase the isolated cells in the dryline as they fired, which was expected early. They actually formed a squall then went back to isolated then back to squall. Crazy system. I have heard since that a major tornado did drop in Wisconsin though, but visibility was awful! I also saw some pictures of hellacious hail captured by Tony Laubach. I have yet to see hail... Grrr... At the 1630, a PDS (Particularly Dangerous Situation) Tornado Watch (yes, I killed a friggin PDS) was issued for the area we were in, which was pretty spectacular... until we spent the entire day chasing a very fast wall cloud that kept outrunning us. The good news is that I had the opportunity to hear tornado sirens for the first time near Oskalooska... Also, there, a gas station attendant referred to Hubby as Bill Paxton and me as Helen Hunt. Too funny!

All was not lost, we saw some really spectacular wall clouds. I got to learn about the clear slot and the RFD... and I got to experience the siren. Cool. We suspect that this might have generated a tornado report, but it was just a really oddly shaped wall cloud... awesome. I have learned that ACCAS in the AM means Thunderstorms in the afternoon, that patience means not getting what you want all the time, "you have to have passion in your life", and the Dewvoid kills slight risks, moderate risks, high risks and PDSs equally... not right...

I am extra tired tonight after my party with the crew... They were kind enough to contribute to my delinquency. Please enjoy today's chase pics.

I don't know what we'll do tomorrow... the slight risk, as of now, is too far off. We're not looking at going after it, as is.

I am exhausted!
~Dewdrop

6 comments:

  1. Dang it...sorry it didn't work out as expected. I thought the way things looked early on it would be a wild day. At least it wasn't a total clear sky bust..those really suck. ;-) It still sounds like you got to see some cool stuff though.

    You feeling poopie this morning? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen some awesome stuff, and I definitely feel like poopie!

    Thanks for asking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry that you didnt catch one. I will talk to the consul and see if we can get your passport back and get you back into the state...theres always next time Dew. Remember rule #1

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can be patient. It just gives me that much more motivation to get one next year. Imagine Stevoid, Rick Curse, and Dewvoid working together... we might actually create some sort of black hole! Thanks for the encouragement, Rick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Put us all together and the world may stop spinning on it's axis. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am more concerned about the space-time continuum... lol

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...