The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Progress... and rain?!

Amazingly, we are expecting large quantities of rain today. Since it's been so dry, we are not expected to experience flooding, which is good, especially in light of recent flooding in Texas, which actually caused a couple of deaths... so very sad. Here, we will get some much needed rain as a cold front MCS approaches our area from the west. Soundings put the CAPE at 3400J/KG... hmmm... sounds good. Some of the area to the west shows breaks in the cloud cover, which will open the door to more instability. With the existing moisture, instability and upper level energy, the potential is there for strong to severe thunderstorms this afternoon and into this evening. It was such a pleasure driving today and having to use my windshield wipers. It's been so long. It was nice. Wait and watch day. I'll keep GR in the background. If anything real happens, I'll post.

Last night and into the wee hours, I worked on painting Mini-Dew's room. She is getting a complete room make-over while she is away at camp. I guess I will post a few pics of my progress... The objective is to be finished by Thursday when she returns, but the furniture has not arrived yet... Last night, I got the room completely cleared (had already been working on that, but there was a bit left). Then, I spackled a couple of spots, and I taped off the entire room and secured the drop cloth and got all four walls done with a first coat. I am using Kilz. I love Kilz, and I will be finished with that after one more coat.
Today, I will put on that second coat and tape off giant polka dots. (Yes, the Mini-Dew wants giant polka dots painted on her wall in colors to match her comforter. That's why all the paint. Lots of different colored polka dots.) Fun, huh?

I'm going to get cracking...

~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...