The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Thursday, June 14, 2007

Will we hit the severe mark?

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY INDICATES A BIT DEEPER MOISTURE ADVECTING SOUTH INTO NORTHEASTERN PORTIONS OF THE CWA THIS MORNING WITH JAX SOUNDING SIGNIFICANTLY MORE MOIST AND UNSTABLE. OVERALL...EXPECT BEST RAIN CHANCES TO BE OVER NORTHEASTERN PORTION OF CWA WITH ISOLATED SEVERE DUE TO COLD POOL ALOFT.
The good news is they're talking about my area in the AFD today... coolness.There is some strong text in a HWO suggesting that the Dewvoid is not being considered at all with regard to the forecast... Will they ever learn? LOL! I'm sure the weather will eventually come to where I am, right? It has to eventually...
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS WILL DEVELOP THIS AFTERNOON...WITH SOME OF THE STORMS BECOMING STRONG...ESPECIALLY OVER SOUTH CENTRAL GEORGIA... A FEW SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS WILL ALSO BE POSSIBLE...WITH THE POTENTIAL FOR LARGE HAIL AND DAMAGING WINDS.
If they but knew the power of the Dewvoid curse... Good news is that it gives me something to watch for. It could happen. If we hit severe levels, I'll actually be able to call in a spotter report, so it's all very potentially exciting. I am relieved to have our weather pattern back to normal. It was wonderful to be driving home amongst CU towers rising into the sky. Instability... it's a beautiful thing, and again, it's about doggone time.

I do have some news to share... dear son "kindly" decided to give his guinnea pig to his sister... what a "sweet" thing to do... grrr. Now, we have another pet. Woohoo... (eye roll). All joking aside, the guinnea pig is adorable. I enjoy holding her, and she makes the funniest sounds... she couldn't have arrived at the worst time though. We are in the middle of a remodel of Mini-Dew's room, lots of shuffling, and I'll be painting next week. Oh well. Here's where doggone dog met donated guinnea pig. Bear is unimpressed...

I'll post if the weather situation improves... I mean, deteriorates...

Ciao,
~Dewdrop

16 comments:

  1. I felt some rumblings through the ground today in Amarillo. I think it registered on the "Rick"ter scale. LOL!! I finally figured out that it was the HDD going on down in southern Georgia. Epicenter indeed! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like when the weather deteriorates! :-) ...storm-wise that is.

    Oh look at the Caribbean...whats going on down there? hmm.. see my blog upate.

    P.D.S oops! I mean P.S. Cute Guinnea Pig.

    ReplyDelete
  3. On the "Rick"ter scale... Steve, you are a riot and a half! A little premature for HDD now, but I am getting my HDD shoes ready, nice bed of towering CU feeding in now... I've decided to take that positively and not think that you in any way meant to imply that my dancing would cause vibration as far out as Amarillo... I did not have that many snacks on my chase-cation! lol!

    Jeff, Absolutely! I am definitely not a "fair weather" fan. Could we have Chantal in the making...? Looks like a potential fish though if she does start something. Good update, btw. PDS, did you have to go there? lol Thanks... though. She is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SST's sure are warm enough!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's as good as named... is that what you're saying?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok...How did I get dragged into this?! "Rick"ter scale .....indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry, you'll have to talk to Steve about that one... lol I thought it was pretty good. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. (I sticketh my tongue out at thee)
    NAAAAH!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You should feel honored... to be seismic... quuite splendid.

    ReplyDelete
  10. IDK WTF you guys R talking abt. LOL...LMFAO @ all the acronyms. I'm proud to say we have had two nights of thunderboomers and a couple inches of rain. Well, forgive my extreme don't care-ity how much-ity except that we got-ity... Looked like about 1.5" puddled in the trash can before I huffed the bag in it and dragged it to the curb this am. That's as technical as we hillbillies get. I've got the finest damn weather gauge in the state, though. It's called a dog. When you come home from work and he has locked himself in a room (U guess how), it was thundering.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't get it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What do you mean...? Perhaps, I could splain it to ya...

    ReplyDelete
  13. (Somewhere in the distance someone begins to play "Deliverance" on a banjo...)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So, Rick, what are you saying?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dew that's a great shot of you Who is that holding you?

    lol

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...