The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Friday, June 15, 2007

Don't even start that...

Boy, was I hot today... driving down that road that I live off of... where those trees are piled up where I took the really eerie smoke pics, well, they have turned those piles into burn piles. How stupid is that?! Do these moranuses not realize that we just barely recovered from ferocious fires to our east because of extreme drought conditions. Do these morons think that one 3 1/2" rain event and another 1 1/2" rain event resolved the drough. Sure, we have more moisture in our air, but we are far from recovered. Do you think I want these duflunkies setting my backyard on fire... heck no! It's not time to burn yet folks. That's all right. I stuck the assistant fire chief on them. He will take care of that. They are so wrapped up in making an all mighty buck that they aren't thinking about the potential consequences. As I said MORANUSES!

As for local stuff... we got absolutely nothing yesterday. It was beautiful with the billowing, towering CU, and I heard about wx everywhere else... but nothing here. Our slight risk was a mute point. The Dewvoid remains in tact, and with a ridge settling in for the weekend... sigh.

We are actually headed up to north Georgia this weekend to take Mini-Dew to camp up that way. That means that their crazy weather should go away too. I am a deterrent. (eye roll).
I am keeping my eyes now on a "disturbance" in the western Caribbean. It's not expected to do anything right away, but it's got a lot of folks curious. Will it do something, or will it just fade away? Only time will time. Hurricane Hunters will be deployed later today if it warrants it.

I decided to post a pic from my plains chase... since I took about 10 million and only posted a handful. Enjoy.

Toodaloo and TGIF!
~Dewdrop

2 comments:

  1. wow, are people really that stupid?? They are talking about cancelling our town's 4th of July fierworks because of the draught, but let's burn wood piles.. why not?? Thought we were going to get some rain/storms this afternoon but so far just a few thunder booms and about a dozen drops of rain... back to sunny skies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, people ARE that stupid! Y'all got more rain than we did. sigh.

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...