The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Happy to inspire...

I am going to start on a positive note today because I am truly touched... I want to share with everyone how it makes me feel that people are being inspired by me to notice the beauty of the sky. I have always been fascinated by the beauty of the sky... nature's phenomenal canvas. God's magnificent artwork. Light, sun or moon, rainbows, lightning, clouds, cumulus, mammatus, cirrus, cumulonimbus... (not even getting into the really spectacular supercell structures, tornadoes... all the severe stuff that makes me drool, if well placed and of no harm to anyone) really, absolutely breathtaking at times. I have always taken notice... but now to hear of others now doing it as a result of my inspiration. For people to draw that interest out of mine, makes me feel honored, pleased beyond words. Thank you to all of you who are now taking notice of the sky, who run for the camera when something is too amazing for words, in an effort to capture that moment. Keep those pictures coming, and I never tire of hearing the stories. Thank you to Courtney B. who shared her special story of her mini-storm chase with me (Remember, if you hear thunder, you are close enough to be struck. Your hubby was right to voice his concern.) Thank you for allowing me to be your inspiration... and that goes to everyone who has allowed that. You all know who you are! Thank you.

As for that pic, I took that last night as I was leaving Mini-Dew's practice. Rick had called me during practice to alert me that some cells were moving in from the west, and he expected them to arrive in my neck of the woods between 8:15 and 8:45. I couldn't help but chuckle... as he's done extensive research on the Dewvoid and should know better than to forecast weather within a reasonable radius of me. He did though... and of course, nothing came... but it was a beautiful sky. No thunder, lightning, rain... just pretty skies. I can deal with that, getting rather used to it, actually... Generally, locally, we are ridging it, but the typical summer-time sea breeze off the gulf could generate some precipitation if we're lucky (in the evening hours), and you know I'm not... the well written local weather discussion put out by Ron in the wee hours spells out the limited rain chances but talks of improvememnt towards the end of the week as a trough approaches... we are hitting that need-the-rain point again. My shower is back to dripping. sigh.

Nothing in the tropics... eye roll.

Have a fabulous day!!!
~Dewdrop

8 comments:

  1. Your blog is very interesting!
    Please, send me the photo of your pc desk and the link of your blog.
    I'll publish on my blog!.
    Thanks Frank
    EMAIL: pcdesktop1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. A small cell did pass over Valodsta that evening...Shhhh, dont tell anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What are you O...K....ing Rick?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, it certainly did not pass where I was!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you were with mini-dew. As for the O..King, i thought it a bit odd for some to ask for a shot your computer desk. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will third that....you remind me of what my boys and I always said when we saw a cool sky..., "Look what Jesus made!"

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...