The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Tuesday, July 17, 2007

When it rains, it pours, but not when I'm around

When I got home last night after grocery shopping, I quickly noticed that it had rained, sprinkled more like... but rain none-the-less. So, I was able to get this lovely shot of raindrops (sort of like dewdrops, except slightly different) on those beautiful lilies that I shot yesterday morning. Over the weekend, my rain gauge measured 1.98". That's a lot of rain... most there has been in a while. Yes, South Georgia, you're welcome. For today, this is what the guys are saying:

NO HAZARDOUS WEATHER IS EXPECTED...BUT SCATTERED AFTERNOON AND EVENING SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS WILL DEVELOP ONCE AGAIN ACROSS THE REGION TODAY...MAINLY IN ASSOCIATION WITH THE SEA BREEZE CIRCULATION AND THE REMNANTS OF AN UPPER LOW TRAVERSING NORTHEASTWARD ACROSS NORTHERN ALABAMA AND GEORGIA. STRONG TO SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS ARE NOT ANTICIPATED AT THIS TIME...BUT A FEW OF THE STORMS COULD PRODUCE LOCALLY HEAVY RAINFALL AND GUSTY WINDS.
OK, so an upper low passing to our north should have a "moisture swath" large enough to impact our CWA, so we shall see about that. It will most likely occur further to the north.

A little sad, but I was just looking a little on the SPC site, and I discovered this link summarizing tornado related fatalities in 2007. I hadn't realized how many there had been. It's definitely a compelling argument against ever living in a mobile home. Very tragic loss of life in 2007. I found the information very interesting and quite sobering. How devastating!

Looking at the radar, it appears that Illinois is dealing with some rough weather as a bow echo traipses its way across that state, which just so happens to be where Alabama Mike is at the moment. Sounds like a chase-tunity to me, Mike. Make us proud. Hold onto your hat. I would guess that there are some strong winds for the windy city today... lol.

That's all I've got for now.

Have a fabulous day!
~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...