The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Monday, July 16, 2007

Dewvoid, reiterated...

You've got to be kidding me... really, this can't be what it appears to be. Every time, I start to think that it's not really so... I am sort of slapped in the face with a quick dose of reality. Everyone is telling me about the huge storm that happened here on Friday not too long after I left town. Mini-Dew actually pointed out that the road we took this AM was flooding. People were caught in the storm going home and cited it as being "a rough one"... As if that's not bad enough, one of her instructors called me over this AM to tell me about the storm he "intercepted" yesterday, with lots of beautiful lightning, and torrential rain. He also spoke of a brilliant double rainbow. Why don't people carry cameras? He was so proud, and what did I get? Nothing. Yes, I can hear Ma Nature laughing at me... At least I had my opportunity to shoot waterfalls. That counts for something, right? This morning, I spent a little time shooting some lilies that have blossomed in my back yard. They had such nice coloring, upon seeing them, I immediately ran inside for my camera. Mini-Dew thought I was insane, but oh well... When I finally got to the office this AM, I noticed this beautiful lily and reached for my camera again. Splendid stuff. In retrospect, I wish I had brushed the bugs off... but I didn't. I suppose it makes it look more natural. I like it anyways...

Let's take a look at local weather coming up, shall we? Let me see what the guys have to say... I would have to guess nothingness, just because I'm cool like that. Yes, of course, I'm going to return to a ridge... eye roll. My area has the lowest POPS.

THE 12 UTC REGIONAL SURFACE ANALYSIS SHOWS 1018 MB HIGHS CENTERED AT DOTHAN AL AND VALDOSTA GA...WITH A RIDGE EXTENDING SOUTHEASTWARD FROM THESE HIGHS TO THE CENTRAL EAST COAST OF FL.
Eastern Pacific is active with both a TD and a TS... yes, OK, I am jealous. sigh.

Ciao,
~Dewdrop

2 comments:

  1. Some really inspiring shots of these and the waterfalls. I' not sure what we can do to reverse the effects of the Dewvoid. It seems to be getting worse. Dr. SDS prescribes a multitude of mudslides until the symptoms subside. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps, you could write me a prescription, so I could get my insurance company to pay for that... maybe, they would even cover the cost of the pool boy... ;-)

    Thanks for the compliments, Steve. If Ma Nature won't give me what I'm after, I'll just take what she will throw my way.

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...