The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Sunday, July 15, 2007

Exploration...

The weather, I am surprised to be able to say, held off while I was on my quest for waterfalls. On the way back from North Georgia is when I was treated with a very distant lightning storm, a few random flashes of light, not enough to chase, but it was enough to appreciate, and I appreciated more that this time, in this instance for once, the Dewvoid was a very good thing, as I traveled to the area North of Helen. I got sort of stuck at Unicoi State Park photographing Anna Ruby Falls, what an amazing falls! I had been there before, so I felt comfortable, and it was just so photographable. I think I was too ambitious trying to squeeze so much into one afternoon. I went to my thing in ATL, then, I headed North seeking out the beautiful natural treasure. I was delayed traveling through Helen, as the traffic was absolutely horrendous with all the tourists enjoying the beauty of the mountains and German flair of Helen architecture and design. I drove over the Chattahoochee River with its many tubers floating down through the mild rapids. I've done that before, and it is an absolute blast. I highly recommend shootin' the hooch, should the opportunity present itself for you. I continued on to Unicoi State Park and took as many pictures as my heart desired as I walked along the trail (yes,using a tripod). It was breathtaking. As with last time, I was captivated by the beauty of the two large falls that had carved their way through the mountainside. I have many pictures to share, so I think I'll just place a few here without trying to describe them, just allow you to enjoy...

I also stumbled upon this really awesome floral shot opportunity there also. I loved how the vines were growing up onto the rustic fence, absolutely marvelous. I think black eyed susans are delicately simple. Such a fabulous way to depict southern life. Golly, this post has taken forever... enjoy. I must get ready to head home now.
Have a lovely Sunday!!!
~Dewdrop

8 comments:

  1. (speechless)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The black-eyed susans are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dew you got beautiful photographic eyes! :oP

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Mike. That is a huge compliment. It is something I have been trying to hone in on over the last several years. It is nice to have that recognized.

    Speranza state divertendo con la vostra famiglia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really great pics Jenn! I love the falls up in northeast GA. I have been up there two times, once in the winter, which was very cold, but made for some cool pictures, and the other in July.

    I also remember going to a cave some where up there near the GA/SC border.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed doing that shoot. It makes me want for more.

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...