The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Sunday, July 01, 2007

Yeah... right....

It's beginning to get old. Once again, we got nothing. I watched it fire all around me all day. The NWS reports hail the size of quarters... I saw the thunderstorm watch go up over my area. I read the MDs relating to my area. yet, my rain gauge still reveals nothing. I heard no thunder... the winds never picked up. We literally got nothing. The forecast today calls for much the same...

SCATTERED TO NUMEROUS SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS ARE EXPECTED TO DEVELOP THIS AFTERNOON. SOME OF THESE STORMS COULD REACH STRONG TO SEVERE LEVELS. THE MAIN THREATS FROM THESE STORMS WILL BE DAMAGING WIND GUSTS AND HAIL. HEAVY RAINFALL IS POSSIBLE...WHICH COULD CAUSE LOCALIZED URBAN FLOODING.
Ah, but this time Kelly goes on to say...
SPOTTER ACTIVATION MAY BE NEEDED THIS AFTERNOON AND SPOTTERS SHOULD CONSIDER THEMSELVES ACTIVATED AT THE FIRST ISSUANCE OF A WATCH OR WARNING.
I must say here that I am thoroughly convinced that scattered truly means anywhere but where I happen to be at that very moment...
A WEAK LOW PRESSURE TROF ACROSS MIDDLE GEORGIA INTO THE CAROLINA PIEDMONT...ALONG WITH THE SEA BREEZE FRONTS AND OUTFLOW BOUNDARIES... WILL BE THE MAIN FOCI FOR SHOWER AND THUNDERSTORM DEVELOPMENT TODAY.
Let me just say that I won't be shocked if it doesn't happen.

There is talk in the HWO that a storm system will be approaching on Saturday, which will bring with it a better chance for rain this weekend. Well, you know what that means? Unless this weather pattern changes, I will be ridging it on my birthday... which is this week... Doggone.







This was a pretty cool situation in Iowa back during my chasecation. We were traveling on a bridge across a lake, and out my window was the view on the left; out hubby's window was the view on the right...We were definitely riding the edge of that storm... couldn't ever get ahead of it... not that it ever did anything in Iowa... sigh. That was the day the Dewvoid killed a high risk with PDS watch.

It's Sunday... there's a "chance" of weather. I'll watch... eye roll.

~Dewdrop

2 comments:

  1. Oh ye of little faith...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rightfully so... I got NOTHING!!! Again! Sheesh!

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...