The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Thursday, August 02, 2007

Dean could be close... maybe.

Here you have it... picture possibility number 8. Again, I love black eyed susans. They make me smile.

It is exciting to see "see text" over my area on the 2nd day outlook from the SPC. It's been a while since they have given us anything to look at... This one, in particular has to do with the weak low that is spinning just under the Southern States in the GOM. Here's what the "text" says for this area...:

...NERN GULF COASTAL AREA THROUGH NRN FL AND SERN GA...

MODELS SUGGEST BROAD...POORLY ORGANIZED AREA OF LOW PRESSURE ALONG E-W BOUNDARY OVER THE NERN GULF MAY LIFT SLOWLY NEWD INTO NRN FL AND GA. NAM DEVELOPS A STRONG LOW LEVEL JET IN ASSOCIATION WITH THIS FEATURE AS IT MOVES INLAND AND APPEARS TO BE AN OUTLIER WHILE OTHER MODELS MAINTAIN WEAKER LOW LEVEL WIND FIELDS. GIVEN UNCERTAINTIES REGARDING THE EVOLUTION AND TRACK OF THE LOW...ONLY LOW SEVERE PROBABILITIES WILL BE INCLUDED AT THIS TIME. SEE NHC TROPICAL DISCUSSIONS FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON THIS FEATURE.
So, if the NAM has a clue, we might get some action; otherwise, nada. I can deal with that. I'll have to keep an eye out for that one today. Could that one actually beat Invest 99L to tropical development??? Could we have 3 tropical events in one week after 2 months of nothing? Stay tuned... only time will tell.

Speaking of Invest 99L, it has been weakening little by little; however, the NHC is still suggesting a possibility that it could develop into a tropical depression. It looks pretty strange to me... Flaring up, dying down, flaring up, dying down... They are considering sending a reconnaissance flight in again today, which they are also possibly doing with the weak low spinning off the GOM. Wait and see is all that can be done.

As for local weather today, we are looking at a heightened risk of showers and thunderstorms as that low spins off the coast. Not a severe weather outbreak, by any means, but some strong storms, which would offer, gusty winds, heavy rain and lightning. Woohoo!

Tood-a-loo,
~Dewdrop

4 comments:

  1. Great color. Should contrast well with the other pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Rick! I am actually a little frustrated because I want a better color variety, but my better pictures seem to be following along in the same family of colors. I'll just keep on shooting those florals. I am sure it will be a dynamic creation, always changing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dew:

    I posted an answer to you over on my blog about the whole VIDEO thing on blogger. So far, I've found it to work just fine. Hope all is well.

    ~Michael

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Michael, I will check it out shortly.

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...