The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Friday, August 03, 2007

Tropics still showing us something...

Well, this is number 9 in my choices. I like the ones with the bees... not sure what it is about them. I will probably post a few more pics that I am considering... but so far, that's 9.

Looking at the weather, we have had significant rainfall lately. In fact, some of the roads with poor drainage, still have substantial standing water, and with the broad low spinning off the Gulf coast, we are getting some heavy convection off of that. Looking at it this morning, looks like a good bit it is being sheared away, carried right over us, but I see a part that is trying to circulate... According to the NHC, if anything happens, it will be slow to occur. Expect more rain to come today and tomorrow as the broad area low moves it's way inland straight toward us. I expect some random storms with this... but of course, nothing severe. It looks like it's trying, but perhaps that is just "wishful" thinking... See it there, trying to get it going??? The one in the Caribbean Sea is just drifting off. I am not impressed with it at all now... sigh.

LATEST
STREAMLINE ANALYSIS BASED ON THE OBSERVATIONS AND SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOW THE SURFACE TROUGH EXTENDING SOUTHWESTWARD FROM A WEAK CIRCULATION CENTER NEAR VALDOSTA THROUGH PANAMA CITY TO THE WESTERN COASTAL WATERS AND BEYOND. THE WEAK CIRCULATION NEAR VALDOSTA APPEARS TO BE ALMOST STATIONARY WITH A SLIGHT WESTWARD MOTION.
I got some sad news today about the pastor that just left out church. He was in a car accident last night that killed him, so that has got me down. He will be missed dearly by many.

Ciao,
~Dewdrop

8 comments:

  1. Dew, Sorry to hear about your former pastor. One of my colleagues at work who is based in a nearby county died a week or two ago. He was such a nice guy and we hung out together at meetings and trainings. Fortunately I have not had to deal with too much death, but when it happens, it is so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had to deal with much either, but it is very difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear the news Dew..keep you in our prayers..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I appreciate that, Rick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about the sad news Dew.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 8,7,4,1...trash the rest and keep trying. :) Those I mentioned are the most fantastic. While the others are good, I like the single flower shots. They are the most dramatic. But that's my opinion. Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Berta. I appreciate your feedback.

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...