The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Thursday, August 23, 2007

Guess what I got???

So I am driving home from Mini-Dew's practice, and I see these beautiful anvils lit by the setting sun, and I get excited. I can see the whole structure, and it is absolutely splendid! I snap off a few, and then, I start to see the lightning.
In the clouds at first, but as I drove up the road, multiple simultaneous CG. Note, I said "as I drove up the road"... Of course, by the time I get home, the storm is only firing bolts under where I can see... so I think, well, let me check it out on radar... so I see..., and I think here's my shot. I can set up the tripod in the backyard like Mikey suggested... and then, I check radar again...clearly frustrating... as the Dewvoid seems to take hold... as usual... I am still watching it. Lightning is more frequent, and the wind is picking up. I'll see what happens... SUCCESS!!! Looky, looky what I got!!!


Toodles,
~Dewdrop

11 comments:

  1. WELL DONE!!!! See what I brought with me from NC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome cloud and lightning shot!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike, Thanks for the very kind gift. It was a spectacular light show. I wish I could have gone and shot from a better location, rather than my backyard, but... maybe next time.

    Ted, Thanks. I was pretty psyched when I saw what I had caught, and I didn't even have to go outside. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome...it's such a rush to see that first shot capture on your camera display! Great job. Check this out.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z35nz4mSabg

    Stunning eyewall footage.

    SCM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Mikey! It was awesome to see such an impressive bolt. It just makes me hungry for more and better. The more I capture, the more I want to out do myself...

    Great video of Typhoon Sepat. Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was think in ths same thing mikey said. To capture that first picture of a lightning bolt. It is yours forever. I still have the picture of my first lightning bolt that i captured with film. You never forget the feeling.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still have the first CG I captured on my camera. It's a sad little shot, but it's all mine. Hard to believe that was just over a year ago. It's amazing how far I have come weather-knowledge-wise in that time. How my photography has changed and improved. I have gone from storm chaser wanna-be, to heck yes, I am a storm chaser. It feels pretty darn good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenn-- That lighting shot is freakin' awesome! I know that was some definite adrenaline rush for you! Have a fabulous weekend! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Courtney! Definite adrenaline rush! Hope your weekend is fabuloso!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet!!!!Very Nice!!
    I cant wait for my lightning cherry too be popped.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ...and I am still waiting for that nader... Thanks, Jess.

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...