The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Friday, August 24, 2007

Did I mention that I caught lightning?!

I know, I know. I just posted this last night, but Storm Chasing Mikey was kind enough to edit out the raindrops that I inadvertently caught in an attempt to protect myself (somewhat) by shooting from inside my sunroom last night. The rain, though minimal, had been blasted against the storm door... and then, I caught the lightning, so it showed in the picture. I guess I need some decent, free (or darn close to it) editing software. Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

SCATTERED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS WILL DEVELOP TODAY...ESPECIALLY DURING THE AFTERNOON AND EVENING. CONDITIONS DO NOT APPEAR AS FAVORABLE AS THURSDAY FOR SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS... BUT A FEW STORMS COULD BRIEFLY APPROACH MARGINALLY SEVERE LEVELS WITH STRONG WIND GUSTS...HIGH RAINFALL RATES...FREQUENT LIGHTNING... AND SMALL HAIL.
It figures, doesn't it? I can actually go and set up in the perfect location tonight, but the likelihood of having anything worthy of doing that for is less than yesterday when I was not able to leave my house. Grrr... Elsewhere in the tropics... ... sigh.

5:00 Update: Well, I am all excited because the workday is over and it's time to chase... someone must have let Ma Nature know. All of it is just far enough away, nothing at all within reach. I will finish up and head home to watch radar.


Hope everyone has a great Friday!!!
~Dewdrop

11 comments:

  1. whoohoo! Great pic! Glad to see your getting some wx fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jeff.

    I know. I hope to get another shot to play in it tonight, especially since I can actually go after it tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feels good doesnt it! Look forward to more of this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does offer quite a rush. Just hungry for more though... "My name is Dewdrop, and I am addicted to lightning photography and storms." All chime in now... "Hi, Dew!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lightning Addicts Anonymous...a Georgia-based subsidiary of Supercell Deprivation Treatment Centers, Inc. of Texas. :-)

    Congrats on the lighting shot!

    Hopefully that is something you can do alot of next season when ya'll make it out here this way again. Nothing like some of the dark, flat treeless terrain out here for lighting photography.

    As far as free photo editors, I couldn't recommend anything except to go visit tucows.com and see what's there. Alot of digital cameras nowadays come with decent free software.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, Steve. Sign me up for both.

    I can't wait to shoot some good lightning out in the plains. Save some for me, OK?

    I will check out tucows.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome shot Dew! Added to my screensaver!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mike, now it's time for you to start adding to your screensaver!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I get a camera I will do some damage....cha cha cha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Join the CG club, cha cha cha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is an awesome capture! And not at all easy to get. I know.

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...