The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Thursday, August 09, 2007

Light show...

Well, this one was on top of me as soon as I got home, so I didn't get the chance to get ahead of it. Lightning was flashing for a while behind the trees. I got a short video with some nice CG, but that's all. When the CG got close enough to photograph the lightning, it was striking in my neighborhood, and we can't be having that. When I heard the crack, crack, crack, BOOM!, I knew it was time to eat dinner. I will try to post the video...
I tried the blogger video feature, which pissed me off, so I YouTubed it. grr... Good night!
~Dewdrop

6 comments:

  1. glad you got some action last night with the storms. all of my storms gusted out at my doorstep. were in the heart of the SPC Slight risk box today, so i'll try again.

    SCM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think at one point, I noted 468 strikes in a 30 minute period. We had some incredible lightning, but it was right on top of me... too dangerous to shoot, and I had too much to do to go after it. Oh well... There's always next time. Sorry yours was a bust... perhaps today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow...must have been quite a display with that amount of strikes...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incredible! I wish I had a better westward view. I know Carolina Mike will be disappointed that I didn't go after it, but sometimes life doesn't allow for chasing. It was striking from 8:30 to 9:30, non-stop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man I thought that I had a great shot of lightning coming away from Walgreens. Sat there for awhile, it was flashing like crazy. J left the setting on the camera on viewing. Lost it. Didn't think to double check the settings. Rats, and I was so proud!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uh oh, T, looks like you've caught the storm chasing bug. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...