The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Thursday, August 30, 2007

Tropics are coming back to life...

Crazy little Mini-Dew... didn't her mother ever teach her not to stand out in the rain? Well, I doubt it, since her mom loves to stand out in the rain... go figure. Poor thing left the house before me to head to her bus stop and walked there in the rain. When I got out there and realized it was raining, I ran inside to get each of us umbrellas, and I ran one over to her... the poor thing was drenched. I felt so bad, but she was standing there waiting for her bus like a champ. I can't believe her storm chasing mom didn't know she was headed into rain. You see how on top of things I am.

Speaking of today... looks like a nice set up for some afternoon stormy weather. Of course... I have a conflict. Looks like the trough will meet the sea breeze and with the ample moisture supply, produce a little something, something... I'll keep an eye out, but I am thinking I will have to miss whatever occurs.

Those areas in the tropics are getting more favorably referenced now in the discussion. Invest 94L, though it was not any better organized, it is looking like it will hit an environment over the next couple of days that will favor development, and satellite this AM looks to me like it's trying to wrap around and make something of itself. Invest 95L, off the coast of FL/GA is just drifting out there as a disorganized mess, but it too could hit an environment favorable for development in the next day or so. Recon flight is standing by... Invest 96L off the coast of the Carolinas is looking pretty right now. Yes, those are two areas off Eastern CONUS, looking like something, especially 96L. Then, there is Invest 97L in the Bay of Campeche, which has the potential for development before it moves over Mexico. Stay tuned folks... we could just have Felix, Gabrielle, Humberto and Ingrid develop all in the same week. Wouldn't that be something. Click on the floater shot of Invest 96L to get a look at the others...

I wrote some around the 4th about my friend whose daughter was burned in a fireworks accident. Well she sent me a video clip of that same little girl singing her heart out to a familiar tune from Annie. Hard to believe this little sweetie is only 2 1/2. Enjoy. BTW, she is doing fabulously!

Precious Little Sophia Singing Annie



Update 11:00 AM: Make that Jerry, too... wow! 5 waves!!!
Toodaloo and ttfn,
~Dewdrop

8 comments:

  1. I need your help! I have received an invitation to join some of my wx geek heroes in fantasy football. Problem, the name I always use, Mike's Mesocyclones, is already taken! Go to my blog and leave me a comment with suggestion. Thank you for allowing me to get a shameless plug here on your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will do it... you are indeed shameless... and on my blog football can be considered "junk".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sophia is a treasure! I'll take her! Good luck sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, but bet he doesnt leave the kids out in the rain..;-P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Teresa, Isn't she precious? I just love her to death. So cute.

    Rick, :-P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, on your blog maybe, ok...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cant we all just get along people??

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...