The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Monday, September 03, 2007

Holy Cow!

Boy, did I ever miss some action while I was at Stone Mountain, eating some really awesome homeade BBQ. Hurricane Felix jumped up rapidly to a category 5 hurricane with winds at 165mph and 929mb of pressure. This morning, he has lost some intensity dropping back down to a still destructive category 4 hurricane with winds at 145mph winds and a pressure of 950mb. Looks like Horduras will take the heat before the Yucatan this time, which will help the already devastated Yucatan. Looks like Hurricane Felix is in the middle of an ERC, which is common. It is likely that he will come out of that stronger, ready for some more intensification. I will monitor later if I have the energy after my long drive.

I had a great time at the lazer show, though the carving (just for those who haven't experienced Stone Mountain, they say a six foot man could stand upright in the nostril of the horse) could use a good washing. Me time is over though. It is time to head home.

Toodles,
~Dewdrop

5 comments:

  1. Lets try and keep it below 80 mph..K?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool stone carving. What...no pics of the lazer light show? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rick, Yeah...

    Steve, After some doctored Coca-Cola... those pictures just wouldn't have come out right... I've never been happy with the way those pictures come out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were in my neck of the woods, and I didn't even know it! bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to let you know the next time I am in the area. How close are you to Stone Mountain?

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...