The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Thursday, September 06, 2007

I am thoroughly unimpressed...

Well, here's my two cents for what it's worth... looks to me like ol' 99L has got a nice center of rotation spinning out there in the middle of nowhere. The problem working against development appears to be shear. All that healthy convection that was trying to get sucked into rotation yesterday has been sheared off. That area is on the wrong part of the trough; however, the NHC is still insistent that time will work in a more favorable development prone environment, at which time, we could see a subtropical or perhaps even a tropical cyclone develop. Apparently our ridge is what is keeping that low "meandering" out in the Atlantic... but models are showing that tonight, all that might begin to change. According to the guys, the Atlantic and GOM highs will split, which will create enough weakness for the low to start "meandering" back our way, which could flatten our ridge... The weather weenies (myself included) will continue to monitor this area of non-tropical low. Sadly, that's the only tropical (well, non-tropical in this case) area of intertest attm.

Locally, like I said, we're ridging it. Sadly, I ran out of time to edge my yard yesterday. Actually, it wasn't time but daylight that I ran out of. Darn the shortening days. Looks like I have some exciting Friday night plans. It's Friday night, I'm in the prime of my life... what am I gonna do...? I am going to edge my yard... sigh. The picture is from my Anna Ruby Falls trip back in July. It made me smile, so I figured that meant it was time to post it. It sort of reminds me of waterfalls in Star Wars.

Toodles,
~Dewdrop

16 comments:

  1. I know it doesn't look like much now (you are right about the shear) but I'm not giving up on it yet. I think we will have something on our hands soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...I think this storm could end up a fish as a tropical storm at best.

    SCM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to hang in there, Mike.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mikey, Quite the pessimist, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This thing looks like it has been fully absorbed by that frontal boundary...its gonna be quite a change to see this break off and move west as a tropical depression if it happens. Accuweather's Cat 2 into Carolinas forecast looks like a major bust.

    SCM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Still holding strong to that circulation though... Looks like a stubborn little non-tropical cluster.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It isn't looking favorable for development at the moment. At one time the GFDL was advertising a Cat 3. I still see at least a tropical storm developing as conditions become more favorable tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Uh oh, now Mike has succumb to the pessimism... TS Gabrielle... wouldn't be bad...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not giving up. I still think it will develop. I'm not sure if it will make it to hurricane status or not. It may be a close call.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww... Mike, you've lost your faith in Gabrielle...?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't give up the ship yet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty waterfall. Your prime time Friday night comment made me laugh. I actually remember one Friday evening I was mowing the yard... on my John Deere of course, and I came in the house crying. My husband rushed to the door to see if I was okay. I had one of those crazy thoughts where I thought my life was over because here I was in my early to mid 20's mowing the yard on a Friday evening when I should have been enjoying a Friday night out with friends. I guess it was one of those emotional times of the month. LOL! Here I am on a Saturday night keepin' it real on your blog! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah, Courtney, it is pretty depressing. I REALLY need a life!

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...