The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Wednesday, September 05, 2007

The future Ms. Gabrielle???

Storm Chasing Mikey was right... Invest 99L is looking good spinning off the coast of Florida. Nice circulation, good solid convection on the eastern side of the center of circulation. I definitely think it will develop into a tropical depression this afternoon. The last advisory on Tropical Depression Felix was issued this morning. Hot on its heels though, looks like we could have the up and coming Gabrielle.

Locally, lots of dry air associated with some high pressure at both the surface and aloft will ward off any shot at convection today. Limited cloud coverage will allow the temps to get up there... mid 90's is what they are telling me... not too bad... I mowed the lawn yesterday, and had an unfortunate encounter with a toad, but I swear he was a kamakaze. He leapt right into the path of his demise. Then, as if that wasn't enough toadicide, the neighbor's cat launched himself against my front door in pursuit of (no doubt) a nice juicy evening snack. I saw him out on my front step chewing, shortly after the thud. Crazy feline. Today, I edge. (Gosh, hope I don't get stuck with PETA, People for the Ethical Treatment of Amphibians, for this post. I swear, there was no avoiding it... poor little toad.)

That's it for me.

Have a lovely day,
~Dewdrop

20 comments:

  1. PETA....No that is funny!!! ROTFL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks... I thought that was cute, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice presentation of 99 on the vis sat. The circulation is very evident. Some models are showing this as a Cat 3 going into coastal NC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. East Coasters need to have their eyes trained on this one... Another potential major cane for the year. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If it heads into Georgia I will be there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GA??? With the Dewvoid alive and well... doubtful. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. No Dew it might come here. Your plane tickets to the west coast are on the way! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wait a minute now, I thought you guys were shipping me to Hawaii???

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, we are getting you 80% of the way there. Put some effort in it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah... I suppose I could hitch a ride to Hawaii... eye roll.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Latest 12z model runs are starting to scare me....100mph winds over my house is not cool. Glad I have the supplies and Generator up and running....never thought I would need it within 7 weeks of getting it installed. Look for lots of video from me if it comes this way.

    SCM

    ReplyDelete
  12. At least you are prepared for it... ready or not, right?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I look forward to the video if she heads your way....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Was it something i said? ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  15. This will be an interesting storm to watch develop. I hope it ain't too rough on ya Mike. I would say it has a ways to go, but after Felix's incredible metamorphosis, anything is possible.

    Oh, and dew, you are quie the terror with that mower. First swings....now toads. Where will the carnage end!! Hide your pets and children! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Maybe you should consider outsourcing your lawn (for the sake of the animals and furniture)!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Steve, I agree. This should be a very interesting storm development. I am anxious to see what it does. As we've seen with Wilma and Felix, it doesn't have to have a lot of time to become a significant force.

    Mr. X, Outsourcing... good idea... I can put those applications out with my pool boy applications, unless David was seriously considering that position. For the sake of the furniture and animals, but let's not neglect the fact that I hate doing lawn work... however, if I had a pool boy while I mowed the lawn, that might make it a little more tolerable.

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...